Chapter 17- 10.12.15

"M-Makoto," Haru called, his heart skipping a beat.

"Yea, Haru?"

The two were walking to school. They still haven't crossed the bridge to Iwatobi High, so Makoto thought it would be alright to be nice to Haru, for now. Besides, he liked being with the smaller male; Makoto always felt butterflies in his stomach everytime he was around him.

"M-Makoto..." Haru repeated, fidgeting a little.

"Haru, are you alright?" Makoto asked with a concerned voice.

"Makoto, I...I want you to hold my hand." Haru mumbled, looking down.

Makoto stared at the dark-haired boy. The way Haru said it make Makoto blush immensely. "O-Of course."

The brunette reached out and took Haru's hand. Haru twitched a bit, surprised that Makoto would allow such a gesture, since he had only shown his nice side openly to Haru just recently.

"M-Makoto," Haru continued. "Kiss me too."

Makoto could feel his face heat up as he nodded his head. "I'd love too."

"Mako-" Haru began to say, but he was interrupted when Makoto pressed his lips on Haru.

It was a short kiss, but it was quite a sweet one. Haru loved the way Makoto had held him close, and the way the brunette inserted his tongue into Haru's mouth in such a seductive way that Haru felt like he was going to melt.

"That felt good," Makoto remarked with a smile, after the two pulled out.

"Yea," Haru agreed quietly. There was a feeling that Haru got every time Makoto touched him that way, and he wanted to cherish that moment before it left him.

The two walked in silence till they reached the end of the bridge, where Makoto wiggled his hand out of Haru's. The dark-haired boy requested another kiss, but Makoto declined, saying that Haru should've said so sooner, and that he already saw students from their school walking their way, so it was too late.

"Makoto..." Haru whispered. "I love you."

"I'll see you at lunch," Makoto waved quickly, then sped away from Haru, into his school and into his class.

He knew Haru would walk in soon, but he didn't want to be seen with the new transfer student. He felt a bit bad, caring more about his reputation than his "boyfriend", but Makoto had his priorities. The brunette sat down in his first period class, waiting for his love to follow soon behind.

When Makoto saw Haru go into class, the two locked eyes and their cheeks got redder by the second.

God this feeling... Makoto thought to himself, as he stared into Haru's eyes. It feels really good but... I shouldn't feel like this at school. I'll just avoid Haru a bit so I don't end up looking like a burnt tomato.

It seemed Haru felt the same way, because he broke the eye contact, quickly shuffled to his seat, and looked away from the brunette.

Haru's ears are red, Makoto smirked, but then jerked his attention to the teacher, knowing that he had to pay attention in class. At least, pay attention to everything but Haru. But the temptation was hard, and sometimes the two of them would catch themselves checking out each other during class.

Being in love with someone is hard, Makoto complained to himself. But I can't say I don't like it. Haru has opened up a whole new set of feelings for me, and I love every single one of them, so far.

--

"If this doesn't work out I swear I'll kill myself." Makoto mumbled under his breath.

"There's nothing to worry about," Haru stated, his nonchalant expression in action.

Haru had rushed over to Makoto's biology class after his math class, waiting for the brunette's class to finish. Of course, Makoto was extremely shocked seeing such a dull, emotionless expression on Haru's face.

"You look you're 100% done with school," Makoto observed.

"Yep. That's what I'm aiming for," Haru responded, none of his emotions in tack.

"So this is your version of a 'front'?" Makoto continued, looking away from Haru.

"Yep."

"You act like that in front of the whole world?"

"Yep."

"Except me?"

"And Nagisa and Rei."

Makoto sighed a bit, lowering his voice even lower. "I can't believe I'm one of those special people that you open up to."

"Like I said," Haru also lowered his voice. "I really do love you."

"Shut up."

Haru nodded. "Pink hair is approaching."

"Kisumi..." Makoto groaned.

"Tachibana..." Kisumi mockingly groaned as well. "Hey, isn't this loser the transfer student that came in a week before school started?"

"Sadly," Makoto glared at Haru.

Haru didn't move or talk, he just stared at Kisumi. It freaked the pink-haired boy out.

"Dude, stop," Kisumi demanded. "You're creepy."

"I have to deal with him for the rest of my life." Makoto complained. "Honestly, stuck up punks like you should die."

"Oh? I guess I'll see you in hell then." Haru mumbled under his breath.

"This kid has nerves," Kisumi sighed. "What's his problem?"

"None of your business." Haru stated.

"He's so emotionless too."

"Shut up. No one asked for your opinion."

"I'm gonna beat you up if you keep up that attitude." Kisumi threatened, cracking his knuckles.

"You're only resulting to violence because you can't think of anything else to say to me," Haru continued. "Having that said, I'll take you down if you dare lay a finger on me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yea."

"No you won't." Makoto grabbed Haru's arm. "Not on my watch."

"Tch." Haru glared at Kisumi.

Makoto sighed, cracking his neck. "I'll explain more about this idiot when we meet with Rin and Sousuke. Trust me, this douche is a pain in the neck."

"I'll beat you up too." Haru growled.

"Try me." Makoto smirked.

Makoto had never felt that bad saying mean things before. Sure, it was a havoc when he first started, but no amount of guilt could lead to this. Insulting Haru made Makoto feel terrible. Sure, Haru had that solid cold front that erased all emotions from his face, but Makoto felt like Haru was probably really hurt inside. Even if this was all an act.

Makoto knew Haru knew Makoto didn't mean anything he had just said to him, but the brunette felt as if what he said hurt him more than it hurt Haru.

"...aborted you" Haru mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I said your mother should've aborted you!" Haru shouted, extremely pissed.

That was the first time Makoto heard Haru use that tone of voice. Haru noticed the pause and he looked at the brunette. When Haru's eyes met Makoto, Makoto could see the regret filling up Haru's eyes.

"Oh? And you were a mistake," Those few words brought relief back upon Haru.

"We're gonna go to the lunch table right?" Kisumi interrupted.

Grabbing Haru's arm, the brunette nodded, and the three made their way to their table.