Chapter 5- 9.11.15

"Mom, Ren, Ran, I'll be off!"

"Bye Onii-chan!"

"Come back soon!"

"Have fun at school, darling!"

Like I could ever, Makoto scoffed, his softer expression disappearing at he walked out of his house. School is hell for me. I'm forced to hurt people so people won't hurt me. What kind of society is this?! 

Makoto had left early so he could pick up some snacks at the market. He had football practice that day and he wouldn't return home till late at night.

"Ah, Tachibana! Football practice tonight?" The clerk greeted as Makoto walked into the store.

"Yep!" Makoto grinned, waving.

"You stay safe, okay?"

"I promise!"

"Mhm, that's my good Tachibana," The clerk complimented. "Pick whatever you want, it's on me!"

"R-Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Not at all! I owe your mother a bunch anyways!"

Makoto nodded thankfully. "Thank you!"

Makoto walked to one of the aisles, searching for water, Gatorade, a perhaps a bag of chips of some sort.

Cherry or White Cherry? Makoto thought to himself, looking at the red and white Gatorade. White.

"Welcome to 7-11 convenience store!" Makoto heard the clerk greet.

"Thank you," A familiar voice replied with gratitude.

A voice a bit too familiar.

Makoto tried to process the situation he was in. He stared blankly at the drink, his hand shaking and almost crushing the drink.

No... Why here... Why where I felt safe? I don't want to put up my front here. Why do the gods hate me?

"Makoto!" The voice shouted. Makoto could hear footsteps coming his way.

Don't look up.

"Call me Tachibana. Tachibana-sama." Makoto demanded, lowering his voice so the clerk wouldn't think badly of him.

Don't look up.

"Alright, Tachibana-sama," The boy continued, staring at the drinks section. "White cherry is a good choice, but I prefer blueberry."

Please go away.

"Cool. Get whatever you want, Haruka."

Haru nodded, grabbing the blueberry Gatorade. "You come here often?"

"No."

Haru giggled. "Liar."

"Why are you here?"

"I got thirsty."

"You're always thirsty. That's why you follow me around everywhere."

"You have a terrible sense of humor, Tachibana-sama."

Makoto flinched. That was the first time somebody told him off.

"Whatever. I'm leaving."

Haru nodded. "Cya,"

Makoto took a deep breath, grabbed a bag of chips and went to the checkout counter. Quickly, he jumped on his bicycle and sped off before Haru could have a chance of catching him.

--

"Good practice, Tachibana-kun," Sousuke complimented, patting Makoto on the shoulder.

"Don't touch me."