Chapter 3- 9.7.15

"You think he thinks of me as a friend?" Haru asked Nagisa.

It was after school, and Haru decided to join Nagisa and Rei on their after school activities. They were unpacking cooking supplies to complete, or at least, start completing, their high school course hours.

"Duh!" Nagisa exclaimed, picking up a box and giving it to Haru. "He never treats anybody else like that! Not even his friends!"

"You think he'll let me sit with him tomorrow?"

"Pfft, no. He has to invite you first. It's only your first day, newbie. Your friendship might take a few months."

Haru sighed, although his smile remained on his face. It had been a while ever since Haru smiled like that.

"From what I've heard, it might only take a few weeks," Rei pitched in. "He gave you his jacket?"

Haru grabbed his school bag- which he got back after he left the bathroom- and pulled out a red flannel. Nagisa and Rei gasped as they felt the jacket.

"He was wearing it today!" Nagisa recalled.

"You really got his jacket, oh my goodness," Rei exclaimed in awe.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you guys were dating," Nagisa nudged suggestively. 

Haru blushed, covering his face with the flannel. "N-No! It's not like that!"

Nagisa smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at Rei, who rolled his eyes and sighed at the blonde.

--

"Ren, Ran, I'm home!" Makoto called, dropping his shoes at the front door. "How are my favorite siblings?"

"Depends on who you're talking too," Ran giggled, Ren following her.

"You're both my favorite,"  Makoto laughed, hugging the two.

"How come you say Ren's name first then?" Ran complained.

"That's because Onii-chan loves me more!" Ren smirked.

"Onii-chan that's not fair!" Ran protested.

"You know I love you both equally," Makoto interrupted the quarrel, taking both of them to the dining table.

"Welcome home, my dear," Makoto mom greeted, holding three plates of kumquats. "How was school?"

"It was fine," Makoto responded, as his mom handed out the plates to him and his siblings.

"I really should come visit you at school one of these days,"

"Haha," Makoto almost spit out the kumquat he was eating. "No you don't."

"Aw, why? It's only the second week of school."

Makoto shivered. "You won't be... pleased."

"Aw, is my little Mako-chan embarrassed of his mom?" 

"No! No! Not at all! It's not like that!" Makoto laughed nervously. "I have homework, see you!"

Makoto's mom and his siblings stared at each other, confused, as Makoto rushed upstairs.

That was close, Makoto panted, sliding down his door. I wouldn't dare want my mom to see how I'm like at school. If only she would understand why... If there was somebody my age I could talk to about it...

As if on que, Makoto remembered Haru. Gah! Not Haruka. It's already bad enough that he makes me weak. Maybe my friends? No, they won't understand. They're all fake anyways. The moment they realize that I have a weak side, they'll use it against me and throw me away. Then who?