Chapter 9- 9.14.15

"Nagisa, Rei," Haru stated firmly, sitting himself down at their lunch table.

"Hmm?" Nagisa asked, kicking his legs for no practical reason. "Haruka-chan is being serious."

"Haruka has always been serious," Rei disagreed. "Although today, I must say, he's being extra serious."

"I," Haru took a deep breath. "Have thought about it a lot. About my sexuality."

"And?" Nagisa was practically jumping off his his seat.

"I-I... I do think... I like guys..." Haru declared, although his voice sounded a bit unsure and shaky. "So, I'm...  At least, I think, gay. I'm gay."

"Can I?" Nagisa pleaded to Rei.

Rei shrugged. "If you want, but I suggest you not-"

"YES!" Nagisa flipped his lunch table tray, which flew food all over the lunch table. The blonde got on the table and began screaming. "HARU IS GAY, HARU IS GAY!!"

"S-Shut up!" Haru cried, glancing over at Makoto's table.

He saw Rin, Sousuke and Kisumi laughing their heads off, but Makoto looked away, signaling as if the commotion was unnecessary, since the brunette already knew about Haru's sexuality. 

He's blushing, Haru smirked to himself. I guess I should've controlled myself on Saturday.

"Nagisa, that's enough," Rei pleaded. "People are laughing at Haruka..."

"No silly!" Nagisa giggled. "They're laughing at me!"

"Just get down, please... Before any of the aids give you a lunch detention..."

"Hmph," Nagisa complained, plopping himself down on his seat.

"So who made you think you were gay?" Nagisa asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Nagisa you're loud, people can hear you," Rei whispered.

"Maybe he realized that he'd never be able to get a girl!" Rin insulted, followed by Makoto, Sousuke and Kisumi's laughter.

Haru stared at Makoto, upset that the brunette was laughing at him. Makoto, after realizing that Haru was staring at him, stopped laughing and glared at the dark-haired boy.

Haru responded by mockingly puckering his lips, making Makoto blush a noticeable shade of red. 

"Yo, Haruka," Makoto called. "I doubt you'll be getting any guys either. With that look, the only thing you'll be attracting is trash."

"Don't call yourself that," Haru remarked, tilting his head and chuckling.

"AHHHHH!" Nagisa shrieked, frantically moving his hands as if they were on fire. "SAVAGE."

"You done did Makoto," Rei slowed clapped.

"DUDE," Nagisa clasped his hands on Haru's shoulders from behind, making the dark-haired boy flinch. "THAT WAS AN AMAZING COMEBACK."

"Please," Makoto groaned. "You idiots get so worked up about a stupid comeback."

"Ah! But you can't say anything to counterattack Haru, can you?" Nagisa snickered.

"And you won't be saying anything once I punch you in the face," Makoto remarked, cracking his knuckles.

"Alright, alright," Nagisa's hands went up in the air as he sat back down, again.

"Look who's not talking now," Makoto snorted, turning  away as well.

"Anyways, after THAT commotion was done," Rei continued, annoyed. "We remind you that you need to get a seat at the jock table."

"Of course, you wouldn't have to choose Makoto's if you don't want too," Nagisa said in a mockingly loud voice. "There's other tables you could choose."

"But from the looks of it, Makoto seems like the best shot you got," Rei whispered, so Nagisa wouldn't loudly butt in.

"I really would like to swim," Haru agreed.

But if I got to sit with Makoto, he might not show me his other side, Haru thought to himself. What if he doesn't treat me specially. What if I would be like the rest of the school to him? I don't want that.

"You said sitting at the jock table is the easiest way to get into a sports club." Haru recalled. "Why is that?"

"Well the jock table, or should I say, tables, is a place where all boys can feel comfortable about the sport they play." Rei explained, as Nagisa pouted. "Once you get to join a table it's almost obligated that you have to play a sport."

"Are there any other ways?"

"I mean, you could. But like I said, you can't sit with us forever. In my opinion, I feel like you would get made fun of when you're in the swim team while sitting in a nerd group, you know."

"Besides, I doubt the swim team leader would let you on the team if you have a low social ranking," Nagisa added with a dejected voice. "That's why joining the jock table is the easiest. But of course, you don't have to chose Makoto."

"Nagisa get over it," Rei complained. "Anyways, Nagisa is right. Unless you are an extraordinary swimmer or the coach really likes you, you won't get into the swim team sitting with a bunch of nerds."

"Back in my old school, we had social rankings too..." Haru mumbled.

"Oh yea, the Japanese school ranking," Nagisa exclaimed. "I'm a big fan about Japanese culture!"

"That's why Nagisa keeps saying '-kun' and '-chan',"  Rei explained. "He might've gotten me to say it a few times as well..."

"What class were you in?"

"C class."

"That's pretty good!"

Haru nodded. In his mind, Haru sighed and began recalling his past school.

A class, if you were in that, you were practically a god. You didn't have to worry about not getting a Valentine's Day present or getting picked on. B class, the average class. Everybody knows who they are but they're not usually talked about. If anything, they're just average.

C class, the below average class. We're usually the ones that gets picked on. We're usually the ones that people laugh at. Everybody doesn't necessarily shun us, but they do make fun of us a lot.

Why is that? Well, that's because the D-class is so terrible that nobody wants to talk to them. Everyone knows the E-class exists, but we don't dare to even go near them. That's why everybody picks on the C- class, because it's okay to talk and pick on us.

"I mean I guess C-class was pretty good," Haru lied.

"I wish I was an A class student!" Nagisa dreamed.

Haru smiled, allowing Nagisa to continue to babble about other Japanese cultures. 

Swimming can wait. I want to learn more about Makoto. Perhaps... even get him to love me?