Chapter Eleven: Explosive Tendencies

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you like this one, please let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!

~ ~ ~

Chapter Eleven: Explosive Tendencies

Stiles was studying harder than he had all semester, the sooner he made it through his finals the sooner he was home.

If the idea of seeing Derek every day wasn't incentive enough to do well, the thought of spending at least a few nights a week eating take-out with his dad certainly was. He hadn't seen much more of him than the grainy Skype interface on his laptop, and all that did was make him more homesick.

"You need to find new places to study man," Kyle said as he came back from his group study session. "I don't think I've seen you leave this room since you got back from your little weekend getaway."

"Okay, firstly, that was three days ago, so it's not like I've been sitting in here for weeks," Stiles said. "Secondly, I'm studying so you should be praising me on my dedication. Third... I totally went out for lunch yesterday."

"That last one is a lie, you were going to and then had a breakthrough with one of your focus questions," Kyle said as he sat on his bed and looked over at him.

"Oh yeah..." Stiles said, dropping his highlighter into his textbook and rubbing his eyes with a tired sigh. "I just want to get through this and not spend my whole break worried that I'm going to lose my scholarship or something."

"Okay, let me tell you a few things," Kyle said, sitting down on his bed. "You won't lose your scholarship. You're smart and committed, relax a little. And finals are never as bad as you think they'll be. Believe me when I say the anxiety leading up to them is worse."

"Still doesn't really make me feel better," Stiles said, tapping his pen on the desk.

"Get out of this room Stiles," Kyle said. "For one thing it's going to make you feel trapped and claustrophobic and for another... I need the damn room for like an hour."

"Hot date?" Stiles said with a grin. "Or is 'date' too strong a word?"

"I did say I only needed an hour," Kyle said. "Seriously though, you need to see the sun or something."

"You're kidding right? I burn under heat lamps," he said.

"Then go sit in the shady part of the quad, or how about one of the student buildings? That's where I meet my study group," he said. "This time of year they can better than the library, less crowded usually."

"That might not be too bad an idea," Stiles said. "I might be going a little stir crazy."

"A little?" Kyle said with a raised eyebrow.

"So uh, who's so important that you need me to leave the room huh?" he asked as he closed his books and shoved them into his backpack.

"He's in one of my classes and I've been dropping hints for a while now," Kyle said. "And don't look so jealous."

"I am not jealous," Stiles said. "You're probably right about me needing to get out now because when I see Derek again all I'm going to be seeing for days on end is the ceiling or the sheets."

"God help him," Kyle said and Stiles tossed a pencil at him.

"Alright, I'm going to Anthony Hall, anytime you want to interrupt my study I will be totally down with that," he said.

"It'll probably be a few hours at least," he said.

"Oh so now it's a few hours?"

"Shut up and go," he said.