Chapter Sixteen: Grounded

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for a slow update, Christmas and all :)

Hope you like this chapter, can't wait to read more of your comments!

FYI, Game of Thrones spoilers from the latest season below ;)

~ ~ ~

Chapter Sixteen: Grounded

It had been a few days since the attack at the university.

Scott and Isaac had made their way back to Beacon Hills, courtesy of Derek's platinum card, and the Sheriff was on his way back down that afternoon. He couldn't leave without making sure the bruising had gone down enough to convince him that Stiles was really going to be okay.

"Dad, seriously, if you worry any harder you're going to give yourself an ulcer and we both know that your diet is already contributing to that so let's not make it any worse," he said as they sat at breakfast.

"All I said was that you're not as purple as you were yesterday," he said through a mouthful of bacon.

"Between you saying that every time you see me and Scott texting me every morning and night... I also have Derek trying to wrap me up in cotton wool so I don't make anything worse!"

"No harm in caring about how you're doing."

"It's driving me insane, okay? I got a little blown up, is that such a big deal?"

"Yes," Derek said as he walked over to join them at the table.

He put his hand lightly on Stiles' shoulder, kissing his temple as he sat down.

"Thanks, appreciate the back up," he scoffed.

"You are the only person who could think that getting blown up is not a big deal," the sheriff said. "I'll be back."

"If you're going to get more bacon maybe rethink that, your cholesterol is not going to come down at this rate," Stiles said.

"Life is short Stiles," he said sternly. "I'm not going to spend it eating cauliflower hash browns when I have the real thing sitting nicely over there by the bacon."

"It's healthier for you," Stiles said.

"Stop sending me links to webpages for foods made out of vegetables," he said, pointing his finger at him before heading back to the buffet.

"One day the doctor is going to tell him he can't have any of it and I'm going to be stuck trying to force-feed him sweet potato fries."

Derek chuckled, gently sweeping his fingers through the short hair on the side of Stiles' head.

"And you!" he said pulling away from his touch and making Derek raise an eyebrow. "I am not made of glass."

"No but you are a broken record," Derek said.

"Uh, pot? Kettle?" he said. "I miss when you weren't afraid to touch me."

"Will you stop complaining if I promise to stop being gentle with you once those bruises are gone?" he asked in a whisper, lips pressed against his ear.

"They're pretty much gone now," Stiles said.

"Stiles," he said and Stiles bit down on his bottom lip, nodding quickly.

"Yeah okay, I promise," he said. "But you let me tell you if you're holding back."

"Alright," he said.

"Really?"

"Yes really, now eat your breakfast," he kissed him messily on the cheek before he got up to grab some food himself.