Chapter 2- Grey Art Gallery

"Don't you think my apartment is dull?"

"I mean, look at the walls. They are are grey and they are so boring. It doesn't suit me." Caroline complained making Katherine chuckled.

"What's funny?" Caroline asked in an annoyed tone.

"Nothing seriously," she laughed louder this time.

"Then stop laughing." She said madly.

"I've just realized how much I've missed the old Caroline. Coming to New York was not easy. What's reassuring is that you did not let go your little control freak personality. It's refreshing in a good way."
They were both quiet until Kat laughed again causing Caroline to join her.

Ah, women. I will never understand them.
----

Caroline was folding her clothes while Katherine was scrolling down her Instagram page. Suddenly, a huge grin was plastered on Kat' face.

"Care! Let me tell you that you're a lucky woman."

Caroline looked at her in confusion. She shook her head and explained to her bewildered friend.

"Recently, an Arab came into the tea parlour. He was around fifty years old. He kept checking me out and he offered me a ticket to accompany him to the inauguration of the Grey Art Gallery. It's tonight. You know how taken up I am with Stefan. He works way too hard. Go instead and try to buy something which will illuminate your flat. And your welcome, Care-bear." Katherine winked at her.

"You're the best! I love you so much." Caroline jumped excitedly and hugged her best friend.

**Few Hours Later**

"Are you going or not, Niklaus?" Elijah asked his brother impatiently. The latter was ignoring him.

"Nicklaus, did y-" he cut him off and whispered harshly "I'm busy, Lijah."

"I still don't see the reason why I should go there. I'm not going to buy anything. And dealing with people is a pain in the ass."

"Niklaus plea-" Elijah couldn't even finish his sentence before Klaus cut him offfor a second time.

"Fine! I shall go for your sake. Bloody hell!" Klaus complained.

Elijah mouthed a 'thank you' to his brother.

•﹏••﹏••﹏••﹏•

Caroline was having a mental breakdown. She could not find anything appropriate to wear. She just moved in New York and did not have that much time to go shopping. Her control freak self was quirking out. She won Miss Mystic Falls with her good taste in clothes, but now she lost confidence in her fashion style as her wardrobe looked like crap.

"Breathe in. Breathe out, Caroline. You're a big girl and you will figure something out" she whispered to herself.

"First, I'm going to shower. Happiness is a long and hot shower."

As soon as she stepped in, she began humming the song 24K magic by Bruno Mars.
After half an hour, she was all cleaned up and smelled of lavender. She chose to wear a white creamy dress which stopped mid-thigh. She grabbed her pair of white heels to complete her look.
She was already running late, so she went for some gloss and mascara. She let her down into some loose curls.

"Not bad at all, Caroline."

After admiring herself in the mirror, she grabbed her keys from the apartment and hired a cab to drop her at the Grey Art Gallery.

She was fascinated by the artworks displayed. They were amazing and beautiful. They carried a lot of unconscious judgment with them as if they created a dichotomy of good and bad, right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable. Katherine was really a good friend to have given her the invite. She was having a good time.