Chapter 17- Always on my mind- An eternal flame

So much was going on Caroline's mind. No matter how hard she tried to get Klaus off her mind, she just couldn't get him off her thoughts. Klaus sometimes can be very sweet and caring but what afraid Caroline the most is that he is extremely deranged, and the line between his madness and his evil are very blurry.

From the way Klaus had spoken to her last night, made Caroline thoughts clear that what she wanted to think. She needed to stay away from him at any cost.

Caroline found him sinister, sadistic, psychopathic, ruthless, vindictive and dangerous. She sure knew that he is highly intimidating and threatening. That's why she needed to stay away from him but she also felt like something is pulling her to him.

'Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that'

she knew that but she was Caroline Forbes for god sake. Elijah, Klaus' brother thought that she was the perfect match for her. He said that his darkness needed her light.

**Flashbacks**

~Before Klaus asked Caroline to dance~

"Are you enjoying the party, Caroline" Elijah asked her taking a seat across her.

 She nodded, she wasn't in the mood to talk. 

"Have you think about what I say about my brother" Elijah asked Caroline.

 "No" she told him honestly.

 'What was the point to lie' she thought.

He nodded acknowledging her answer, he knew that Caroline was the one for his brother. She was now his redemption but they were both too stubborn to admit it. Elijah needed at any cost to make the two realize their feelings towards each other.

"My brother can be quite irascible but he's a good man at heart. I think you know from Katerina that Niklaus' relationship with our father was never on good terms. He had never had someone who genuinely cared for him. My siblings and I love him but that love isn't enough for him. When we go behind his back, he is quickly angered and hurt us" Elijah said.

Caroline looked at him, processing all he had said but she was confused 

"Why telling all this to me?"

"I believe that my brother needs someone like you. You're his light to his darkness only you can change him, Caroline. I beg you to reconsider our talk" Elijah said going away.

**End of flashbacks**

Caroline still remembered Elijah's words

  'you're his light to his darkness' 

but she shrugged that thought off. 'Maybe I could tried to make him a better person since his brother has been nice to me' she thought but decided that the best was not to think about that right now. She had an interview finally after weeks with someone and if by chance she passed the test, she could start working as a journalist.

Caroline opted for a purple A-line Chiffon beaded mini sleeveless open back cocktail dress. It was simple yet elegant. She needed to have good impression on the person who was going to interview her. She put on a light make-up and added some red lipstick along with her dress. She accompanied her clothes with a pair of black high heels. She decided to curl her hair into some loose curls.

Looking at the clock, she saw it was ten thirty. She had enough time before her interview.

She wanted to wander along the roads of New York. Putting on her coat, she stepped outside walking down the streets. She was looking form her right to left amazed at how young people at her age were dexterous. They were so concentrated in their work as if nothing else mattered around them. She was so taken aback by those people that she didn't realize that she collided into a strong chest. She closed her eyes waiting for the impact but it never came. Two strong arms grabbed her. She opened her eyes to look who held her in place and was startled when she found it was none other than Kol Mikaelson himself.