Chapter 26- Goodbye!

Sorry for the long update ^_^

Slowly and reluctantly, Caroline uncovered her face. She blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again unsure of where she was. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded her.

She tried to sit up but a strong firm preventing her from doing so. Klaus' arms were wrapped around her. She tried to move, but he was not letting her go. She turned facing him. He looked so vulnerable, you would not know whether he was that arrogant man.

Caroline smiled stroking her hand along his cheeks. Klaus stirred in his sleep.

"Good Morning, love" Klaus said, his eyes closed.

"Morning!" she replied.

"How are you feeling?" Caroline asked.

"Much better, why?" he inquired.

"Well, a lot have happened between us, your father and so much more" she said.

"I know, Caroline. But I'm feeling good. For once, I feel like I'm myself. No need to keep the image my father is always expecting me to keep" Klaus said.

"Are you ready to forgive Mikael?" Caroline asked unsure whether she had done a good thing of asking.

But Klaus did not seem to mind. He trusted her. Klaus needed Caroline as much as she needed him.

"To be honest, I'm still haunted by those memories. I'm trying to pick myself up, piece by piece. Perhaps I need more time" Klaus said.

"Underneath it all, I'm held captive by Mikael. I can try to forgive him, but forgetting is a harder fight" he muttered and added.

"I need more time"

"Klaus I want you to know I felt in love with the person you are, the person that would do anything to protect those precious to him" Caroline cupped his cheeks.

Klaus brought his hands on that of Caroline and kissed her. Their kiss was a pure romance, the kind that grabbed you in your gut and squeezed. It wasn't a kiss that is meeting some sexual need, it's so very much need.

Kissing is an act of emotion.

"What did you plan for today?" Klaus asked Caroline.

"Well, I need to take some stuffs from Russian Tea Room and then I'm all yours" Caroline pecked him on his lips.

"I think you and I have a lot of things to clear" Caroline mumbled.

"About what?" Klaus raised his eyebrows.

"You know.........about Aurora. What are you going to do?"

"I guess I will tell her the whole truth" Klaus muttered.

"I will see you later, I'm leaving" Caroline pecked him on his lips.

 That shows so much how she cares for him. She was for once truly happy to be with the man who changed her so much.

After he had showered, he made her way to Aurora's brother workplace hoping to see her there. There to his surprise, he saw him leaning against the wall one of his hand his pocket and the other smoking a cigarette.

"Took you long enough, huh?"

"What do you want, Salvatore?" Klaus asked annoyed.

"I've heard that Caroline and you are together" Damon walked in front of him.

They were both in front of each other.

"You heard well" Klaus said.

"What will you do? Punch me or you'll go to confess to her too?" he raised an eyebrow at him.