Chapter 15- The dance

"Are you sure you want to go, Care?" Kat asked Caroline noticing how she was playing nervously with her ring.

 "Yea... am going to be fine. Besides I won't let you alone with those Mikaelson" she laughed.

 "Andrew, you may park the car here" Kat said indicating the driver to stop her car in the parking.

When both of the girls entered the room, Caroline was the mostly amazed. She watched in awe and complimented how they had done the decorations perfectly. 

"It seems the Mikaelson is now the famous people here" Kat said gazing at some girl who were flirting with the boys.

"Katerina, it's a pleasure to see you" Elijah said taking Kat's hand and left a kiss. 

Caroline noticed how Kat was bushing "The pleasure is all mine" she smiled at him.

 "It's good to see you too Caroline. My brother will be very delighted I assume you" Elijah planted a kiss on her hand.

 A slow and romantic music was being played

 "Katerina may I have this dance?" Elijah asked her, 

and who was she to refuse that dance. Katherine saw how the women were sending daggers at her but she smirked 

"It would be my pleasure" Caroline shook her hand afraid of the game her best friend was playing.

 'Had she forgotten that she was still with Stefan' she thought.

 "Hello love" she heard the voice which she had longed to hear. 

This voice who would make her heart melt or to feel a mix of emotions.

 "I need a drink" she excused herself.

Klaus' p.o.v

Klaus was talking to a woman. He was not keen on listening to her as she was blabbering about how desperate she felt being single. She was trying to seduce Klaus but she noticed how his eyes changed color when he saw someone. Klaus saw Caroline entering the room. She was.....beautiful, magnificent...exquisite. This types of words could not be able to compare with her beauty. The dress which he had bought for her fitted her amazingly. He remembered how he forced Rebekah to try all of those dresses until he lay eyes on this one.... A blue dress... his favorite.

"I need a drink" Klaus noticed how tensed she was being around him.

 But that amused him, he wanted Caroline to know him. He was afraid that he was starting to fall in love with her, yet alone that thought made his muscles tensed.

 "How are you doing?" Klaus asked. 

"Fine" she responded.

 "I remembered I ask you to save me a dance" Klaus said smiled, she nodded "Shall we?"

 "We shall" she linked her arms with his.

No one's p.o.v

Klaus offered his left hand to Caroline, she approached him and offered her arm. This proper hold is full body contact along the woman's side. Caroline rested her right hand on Klaus' upper left arm and  Klaus rested his left hand  on her waist. 

"I'm glad you came "Klaus smiled at her. 

"Well it would have been a burger and some chips, who would not take that opportunity" 

Caroline said moving along with Klaus to the rhythms of the music. 

"Look Caroline I'm sor-"she cut him off "Don't seriously"

"Very well on to more mannered subjects like how you are ravishing in that dress" Klaus said showing dimples.

 "I didn't really have time to shop" she made an excuse

 "And what's your excuse for wearing the bracelet" Klaus asked. 

Noticing she was not going to answer him, Klaus decided to change subject 

"You're quite the dancer"

"Well I had training. I remember you I was once Miss Mystic Falls" Caroline said with pride.

 "I know" he said looking at her in her eyes but she quickly looked away. 

"Is that your father who is looking at me as if he wants to cut me into pieces" Caroline laughed dryly but Klaus took it serious. 

"I'm sorry. He's like that sometime" Klaus apologized and caught Caroline on surprise, she looked at him with wide eyes and let out a chuckle 

"What?" he asked annoyingly.

"You should say that more often" she offered. 

"And why's that?" Klaus raised an eyebrows at her.

 "It makes you less evil" 

"Am I?" Klaus said pulling Caroline close to him. 

She could feel his breath on her face.

  'What is a classical music if not the epitome of sensuality, passion and understated erotica that popular music, even with all of its energy and life, cannot even begin to touch?' she thought.

"So you have never felt the attraction for someone who had done only evil deeds? "Klaus whispered in her ears.

 "Nope" she said but that came out as a small moan making him smirk

 "Don't underestimate the allure of darkness. Even the purest heart is drawn to it"

"I don't believe you" Klaus said.

 "Well you should start now" Caroline said harshly.

 Klaus spin her around and pulled her more close to him leaving only a few inches between them. It was no more the rhythms or steps that make the dance. But the passion that goes in the souls of those who dance. Klaus wanted Caroline to admit that attraction she felt for him.

"Do not be afraid of exploring your sexuality, fantasies of darkness and you desires Caroline. Embrace them. Love them. Make them yours. They are part of who you are" Klaus said.

 He noticed Caroline felt a lot of emotions. Klaus saw the darkness in her beauty. She saw the darkness in his beauty.

It was the first time someone had spoken to her like that, made her felt all those bewildered feelings. Klaus could see through her eyes that she was a mess of gorgeous, chaos and mostly she was hurt. Caroline looked up at him, he noticed how her face had become pale and austere in the up light and her eyes lost in his darkly shadowed hollows saved only for the glint of them and he could see her throat moved in the light and he saw in her face and in her figure something he'd not seen before and the name of that thing was sorrow.

"I'm sorry.... I can't" she said pulling apart from him, 

tears forming in her eyes and she ran away.

 Mikael saw that and smiled devilishly. Meanwhile, Klaus run after her.

To be continued