Chapter 5- Listen to your heart

Kol's POV
When that blonde went away, Klaus followed her outside.

"I guess he is being laid tonight." I chuckled.

I wanted to stay behind but I was alone and exhausted. This party was no longer fun.
At exactly midnight, I left for the Mikaelson's mansion.

**Back in the mansion**

"Nik! How did it go with the blonde? Was she that good?" Kol noticed that faint smile on Klaus' lips.

"We did not sleep together, fucktard. And the rest is none of your business. Piss off Kol."

"Wait Klaus-"

"I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day. You should do the same. " Klaus yawned and stretched his arms above his head.

***
End of POV

"How did your evening go, sister?" Elijah asked taking a sip of his coffee.

His sister sighed in frustration.
"He was too arrogant and self centered. And on top of that he is sexist. He kept talking on his family's fortune as if I came from a low family and did not know what money is. He was naming our future children as well. To sum it up, it was a disaster."

Kol laughed loudly, "Poor Rebekah, she has always had the worst men. I wonder if your next date would turn out gay. That would be funny."

His comment got him a punch from Klaus. "Ouch! That hurts." Kol glared at his brother.

"Stop annoying Bekah or else you'll get more of these punches." Klaus warned.

"Elijah, let me inform you that your little vixen is back." Kol smirked at a confused Elijah.

Elijah urged him to continue.
"There is not much too hell apart from the fact she is still a bitch. And, also, she was dancing with...what is his name again." Kol taunted him.

"With whom?" Elijah said impatiently.
"I'm not going to tell you." Kol teased.

"Bloody hell! It was Katerina Pierce." Klaus rolled his eyes at Kol's childish behaviour.

"You spoil the fun Nik," Kol pouted.
_____

Caroline woke up with a terrible hangover. All the memories from last night came running back. There was this incident with that pervert and then, she had a really long conversation with Klaus Mikaelson.
She had no time to think about Klaus as she needed to get to Kat's tea parlour as soon as possible. She immediately showered and put on a floral summer dress. She grabbed her purse and hopped in a taxi. She did her make up in the taxi.

Caroline managed to get there on time. It was really quiet inside. She noticed Katherine in a corner drinking her Starbucks Coffee. Caroline noticed that Katherine looked perplexed and deep in thoughts. Something was definitely wrong.
"Hi. What's wrong with you? You look pale." Caroline commented worried.
"I'm having murderous thoughts about a certain person." Katherine hissed annoyingly.

Caroline was curious. She wondered if something had happened between Katherine and Stefan. Agog in nature, she asked her. "Does your current mood have to do with Stefan? I swear I'll murder him if he did something."

"God no. It's not about Stefan." Caroline sighed in relief.
"Stefan is the best thing which happened to me in my life. Come with me, I'll show you." Katherine pulled Caroline towards the exit.

Once outside, Katherine was gazing at a building which she found somehow like a restaurant. It was new to her and she had never seen it before. Then, she remembered that there was a restaurant occupied by Chinese people. They renewed it into something more luxurious. Outside was the same faded red and yellow awning and the same faded red sign with Heaven tastes Good's name in yellow script, above blocks of Chinese characters like oversize mahjong tiles. Porcelain lucky cats wave from the window. They had left the ambiance of the restaurant untouched.
"This is the reason of my sour mood. I'm so pissed right now." Katherine pointed at the new restaurant.

"Why? I think they did quite a good job. They respected their ancestors. Don't you find it nice?" Caroline wondered.

"Well, they could have done it somewhere else," Katherine snapped.
"They took all our customers away. And I hate it. I was supposed to be the best around here."

"Come on! Let's get you inside. Don't worry, I'm sure your customers won't abandon you. You're the best manager, Katherine. Don't let this get to you. After all, you're Katherine Pierce, the survivor." Caroline cheered on.

"Thank you, Care. I mean it. I don't know what I would do without you."

The day went very quickly much to Caroline's surprise. It was time for her to perform. She was excited.

"Hello, New York City. I'm feeling a little bit romantic tonight. What about you guys?" She asked smilingly.
The crowd shouted and made noise.
"Listen to your heart it is then," she chortled.

🎶'I know there's something

In the wake of your smile

I get a motion from the look

In your eyes, yeah

You've built love but that love falls apart.

Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heart when he's calling you.

Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do.

I don't know where you're going and I don't know why

But listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye'🎶

The crowd went berserk. New York City was the best. The people had danced as if there was no tomorrow. They were all sweating and breathing heavily.

"You did great." Katherine complimented her and she mouthed a thank you.

"I shall see you tomorrow, Care. Take care." Kat hugged her.

She nodded and grabbed her stuff and made her way towards the exit. Once outside, she felt a cool breeze which made her shivered. She forgot to bring her coat. New York weather was sometime unpredictable.

Just when she was about to enter in her building, she heard a voice which she had hoped to never hear again. "Hey, babe. Miss me?"