Chapter 14- Invitations

*1 week later*

Caroline was cleaning her apartment. These days her apartment had been a mess, her clothes thrown on the floor. Caroline and Oliver started dating the night he kissed her. They spent the nights together pleasuring each other as Oliver had called it last night when he was here "Catching up"

Oliver left early in the morning as he had an important meeting with some of his employees. Caroline was not very sure of starting a relationship. She had proposed to Oliver that they would take things slow..... Very slow.

**Flashbacks**

"A penny for your thoughts" Oliver interrupted Caroline in her thoughts. 

They were both lying on the bed, Caroline was lying on her back and Oliver was tracing small circles with her finger on her back. 

"I don't know I think we are taking things too quickly. Am not sure am ready for another a relationship" she started blabbering.

"Am not yet ready" she repeated and then added in a small whisper 

"I'm sorry" tears overflowed her eyes, she didn't want to cry but she was feeling so vulnerable. 

"Hey! Don't cry its OK. I understand. Its fine don't worry" he raised her chin to make her look at him and then added with a small smile

 "What about friend with benefits?"

"Friends with benefits huh?" she raised her eyebrows at him.

 He chuckled "There are many benefits to having good friends, but friends with benefits are way much fun...."

"You are still the same" Caroline laughed stepping out of the bed and she threw at pillow at him.

 "The way you said it is like..... "She trailed 

"'Friends with benefits' in reality is telling you to your face that you're good to fuck, but not good enough to invest feelings in" she said imitating his voice.

"I know for ages Caroline. Judging by your face it's been very a long time since you had good sex isn't it?" 

and he continued with his usual smirk

 "I don't intend to be in a relationship for now. You know how am I" Caroline answered

 "Afraid of relationship aren't we" she teased then she said after thinking for a long time

 "I accept" but Oliver reminded her of something

 "Don't let good sex confuse your heart and make you think you're in love"

"I got it Ollie. No need to play the wise man and stop flattering yourself"

 she sighed "Am I not good" he smirked getting out of bed naked making Caroline blushed.

 "Cover yourself" Caroline threw the sheet on him but he ignored her instead he went in the kitchen and sat on a chair

 "I don't want your hairs on my chair Oliver" she yelled.

 Sighing, Oliver went back in her room and took the direction to the bathroom

 "Will you do the honor my dear consort of joining me" he smirked at her 

"I would gladly my husband"

**End of Flashbacks**

So Caroline and Oliver decided not to be engaged in any romantic type of relationships because each of them had their specific reasons. She was washing her utensils when she heard a knock at the door. She went to open but saw nothing. Then something caught her attention, it was a black box wrapped with a white ribbon. Looking from her right and left checking if someone was here and when she saw nobody, she closed the door behind her.