Chapter 8- Friends

Caroline's p.o.v

I heard Klaus calling my name but I just kept running.

 "Caroline wait" he yelled but I did not pay any attention.

 I could not face anyone, I was scared once again in my life. I was not looking to where I was running when all of a sudden, a vehicle came to me.

I was agape, I couldn't move my legs. I closed my eyes and waited for the worst. But that didn't come, instead I found two arms gripped on my waist and someone whispered in my ears 

"It's OK  you're safe love"

 I tried to fight it but I knew that I had no chance against his grip on me 

"It's me" he murmured wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"Let's get you out of here" he proposed and I just nodded.

 We arrive in a park, as I could guess. He made me sat on a bench as if I was a fragile child mostly like a father would do to his daughter. I brought my knees to my face, not wanting him to see me like that...... a despairing women. Both of us did not say a single thing and I was feeling uncomfortable with that heavy quietude. So, I decided to talk

 "What were you doing in that Tea Parlor".

"My brother wanted to meet his beloved Katherine and he brought me with him I assume because he was anxious" he said looking into her blue alluring eyes. 

"His beloved Katherine" I said confused "you said".

Klaus saw her confusion, he thought that Katherine would have told her of her history with his brother, Elijah but he was wrong, she did not tell her.

 "Katherine dated my brother Elijah but it didn't last long I think. They were madly in love with each other".

 "I see, First love can never be forgotten. No matter what they do to you" I mumbled.

No one's p.o.v

Klaus looked at with a puzzled face

'Something terrible happened to her' he thought. 

He saw her red bruises on her arms as well but he did not yet bring that topic with her. Truth to be told, he did not know how to do that. He wanted to comfort her, tell her that everything would be alright but he could not. He had never comforted someone for a very long time. Klaus didn't like to be close with someone, but that girl was something else... she was a dreamer, a doer, a thinker. She saw possibility everywhere.

"What happen to you?" he asked her, trying to take his chance.

 She didn't answer him, she looked down at her boots. 

"We are friends right? That's what friends do... they tell each other things" he spoke the same words as his little brother, Henrik always said to him when he was desolate. 

He saw her smile, and looked at him 

"So we are friends now. Since when did that happen? "She teased. 

Klaus was aggrieved, he was trying to comfort her, but he knew that she was using his kindness. He stood up, turning away to go when her small, cold arms grabbed his wrist 

"What is it now?" he said annoyed. Caroline noticed his face 

"Oh!! I vexed you. The man with the big ego can also be vexed" She chortled at him.