Chapter 18- Love is so cruel

Guys this is chapter 18 finally. I can't even tell you how it broke my heart to write this. I'm sure you're all wondering what I am talking about. Then you shall discover!!

VOTE&COMMENT

**Three days later**

"So what did you want to talk about?" Caroline asked.

 "Well blondie, I think you know exactly what I want to talk about" Damon smirked. 

Damon had come to Caroline's apartment early this morning knocking and knocking on the door. Poor girl who she was having a peaceful sleep in the arms of Morpheus, needed to change within fifteen minutes and had breakfast with him.

"I have no idea" she sighed chewing her food in her mouth.

 "I have heard the Mikaelson was in town" he said getting finally Caroline's attention.

 "So?" she asked him. 

"It seems Elijah Mikaelson is still in love with Stefan's beloved Katherine" Damon said through gritted teeth.

She completely understood Damon, Stefan was his only brother and he didn't want him to be hurt especially not by a woman. Truth to be told, Caroline envied Damon and Stefan's relationship. She didn't have any brother.

Their bond was like streetlights along the road, they didn't make the distance any shorter but the lighted up the path and made the walk worthwhile. Their path may change as lives go along, but their bond as brothers will remain forever strong.

Honestly Caroline, didn't know what to say. She could not just say

  'you are absolutely right. He's still in love with Kat but the great part is that Katherine thinks she is still in love him'. 

She thought that better to keep her mouth shut rather than said something that she totally didn't mean.

Katherine was her girl's best friend and Damon and Stefan were her boy's best friends. She couldn't choose sides. She didn't want to hurt either of them.

"Stefan proposed Katherine yesterday" Damon said in a monotone voice making Caroline spilt her coffee on the floor

 "What?"

"Stefan proposed Kat yesterday" he repeated his question.

 The worst thing she feared had come. Stefan and Katherine had been together for 1 years. At first, she didn't think that they would last but when months went on like a flash, she was happy for both of them. As she quotes it

  'you guys are soulmates. Your love is so epic'.

But with the coming of the Mikaelson, everything in their lives had changed.

 "What was Katherine's answer?" Caroline asked in a low voice.

 "What would you think it was huh?" Damon said exasperating.

"She said Stefan I'm sorry but I don't know what to say. It's so sweet of you but I don't think am ready for a marriage. I love you but I just need time. Try to understand" he said imitating Katherine voice.

If that would have been in another situation Damon was imitating Kat voice, she would have burst of laughing.

"And the part which angered me the most was that she just ran away like a coward. If she still have feelings for Elijah, then she needed to tell my little brother that she wasn't in love with him anymore" Damon displeased.