Chapter 4: The beginning

April

"I can only see two Hugh." I stated as i watched two of the rogues that killed my parents sitting near a campfire.

Rose was clawing inside of me to get out and show them no mercy, but I knew that for this to work without any trouble, I had to act smart, hence sitting here on top of a tree, watching. waiting.

"The third is inside the cave." Hugh spoke into my ear.

"Is he asleep?" I asked, hoping I get a negative answer.

"No."

Thank god.

"How do we get him out?" I asked in irritation.

"How about we give them a little fright?" Hugh suggested and I could hear the smirk on his face.

"And how do you suggest we do that?" I asked with a smirk of my own.

"A simple, teeny tiny gun bang perhaps?"

I chuckled inwardly as I got out my 'Desert Eagle' out of its holder.

I aimed its muzzle in the air and slowly pulled the trigger.

A loud bang echoed through the woods making the two rogues flinch and stand to their feet.

"What was that?" I heard one of the asked as the third rogue came running out the cave and towards his friends.

The plan worked. I smirked at them once again before I jumped from my place on the tree branch to stand right in front of them.

They looked taken aback and instinctively took a step back.

"That my dear, was the beginning of your end." I stated coldly as I twirled the gun in my hand before placing it back in its rightful place. It will kill them fast and easy, and that is something I don't want.

"W-who are you?" One of them asked and I recognized him as the one that was holding me as the other two killed my parents.

At the time, he gave off a stronger aura than the other two so I assumed that he was their leader but now, they're equally dirty and low.

I scoffed. Typical. I just faced a similar situation not an hour ago.

However, this time, my answer and what I'll do will be completely different.

"Oh that's sad." I faked hurt as I placed a hand on my chest for emphasis. "You don't remember me?" I fake gasped.

The rogues looked at one another in complete and utter confusion.

"Let me give you a slight hint." I said as I started approaching them arrogantly.

"A little girl," I circled them, "an alpha," I drew my swords as I walked on their side. By now, details of what I'm talking about are playing through their heads. I could see the realization hit them like a ton of bricks as their faces started to pale. "and a mate." I finished as I stood in front of them once again.

The one that was holding me seven years ago let off a nervous, humorless chuckle.

"April, sweetie, it's been so lon-" His words were caught in his throat as I brought the tip of one of my Dragon swords to it.

"What? You wanna say that it was a long time ago? That I should forget about it and move on?" I growled before letting out a humorless chuckle of my own but this one was in disbelief.

"I never once forgot what happened or forget your dirty faces." I spat in his face. "And now, the time came to pay!"

I swayed my swords to slash right through their bodies but they were faster than I expected and it looked like they weren't giving up without a fight as they all turned into their wolves.