Chapter 15: Trapped

April

Riiinngg

Riiinngg

I heard the phone ring as I waited for the other side to pick up.

"Mr. Brandon Doyle." I spoke once the ringing stopped and the sound of music in the background started playing.

My voice was gruff from the modified speaker that Hugh installed.

"Uhm...yes? Who is it?" Brandon answered from the other side. His voice seemed uncertain and it looks like my changed voice started the warning bells in his head.

"Who I am doesn't concern you right now, all you need to know is that I have your mother here with us." I replied.

"What? Mother? What did you to do her?" He asked frantically.

"Relax Brandon, she's safe......For now."

"What do you want?" He asked the all too known question.

"I need you and your father to come down here in Virginia and then we talk." I answered. "You've got until midnight." I finished.

I didn't wait for him to respond and was quick to hang up, adding 8 the mysterious, danger effect.

"I want you ready Hugh. When the clock strikes twelve exactly, you call him again and give him this address." I turned to Hugh, handing him a piece of paper with an address on it.

Hugh nodded his head, not that I worried that he wouldn't.

"Wait, where are you going?" Hugh asked as I headed for the door.

I turned to look at him. "I have a couple of chores left to do and then I'll go visit Janeen for some time." I replied.

"Janeen? Why? It's not time yet." Hugh asked confused.

"Er....yeah...Uhm...." I stuttered not knowing what to say.

I just wanna see her and talk to her again.

"Just go." Hugh sighed as he motioned with his hand for me to go.

I narrowed my eyes at him but said nothing as I starting making my way out his room again.

I finished whatever I had to do in the pack house before packing what I needed, put my mask on and left, hoping to God that Uncle Adam won't need me.

This will be my first time going out as Rose in bright daylight but I couldn't help it, knowing that my mother's replica is only a pack territory away.

It didn't take me time to reach her place like before or maybe I was too excited that I jumped faster than my normal pace.

I couldn't knock on the door this time since someone might see. So, I swiftly slide through an open window which landed me in her bathroom.

Thankfully, she wasn't there.

I took in a deep breath to make sure that her scent was the only one present and that no one else is here with her before removing my mask.

As I walked through her tiny bathroom, my peripheral vision caught sight of the mirror hanging on the wall.

I'm a girl, so it was only reasonable when I stopped and looked at my reflection.

I removed the hood that was hiding my dark red hair and let it cascade down my back and frame my face.

My forest green orbs were sparkling with happiness and the smile never left my face.