Chapter 6: Do, A Deer!

April

A knock on my bedroom door made me stop spinning in my place and turn around to look at it.

It took me only a couple of strides to reach and open it, revealing a frantic looking Gabrielle.

"What's going on April? Is everything okay? Are you okay? Did they find out?" She bombarded me with questions all at once as she marched up inside my room.

"Calm down Gabrielle please." I pleaded.

I, myself was nervous, so she being like that too didn't help.

"Okay, sorry. But you're okay right?" She asked as she sat down on my mattress.

I sighed deeply. "I'm fine, but I don't know if everything else will be." I replied.

Gabrielle said nothing as she continued staring at me in anticipation, waiting for me to continue.

I took in a deep breath, closed my eyes and spoke quickly.

"I found my mate."

Gabrielle gasped loudly, and without me opening my eyes, I could clearly imagine her expression.

"You....you...you what?!" She stuttered before asking.

I opened my eyes and looked at her before repeating.

"I found my mate."

Gabrielle then, jumped up from her place and started squealing and jumping around. She came and hugged me tight, her happiness filling the room.

"Congratulations April!" She all but yelled in my ear. Thank god for the sound proof walls, otherwise the whole country would've heard her.

I hummed in response which made her pull back from the hug and look at me in confusion.

"You're not happy about it?" She asked curiously.

"I...I don't know." I mumbled.

"What do you mean you don't know? You found your mate! You're supposed to be happy!"

"I know but-"

Before I got to continue, I was cut short by her gasping.

"D-did he reject you?" She asked in a pained voice like she was the one getting rejected.

I shook my head frantically. "No no. He doesn't even know of my existence yet."

Her face contorted into that of confusion once again.

"How come?" She asked.

"I masked my scent before entering the room and he wasn't looking in my direction." I explained.

Gabrielle only answered with an 'oh'.

"I, of course, didn't approach or go talk to him. I can't. I'm on a mission currently and he'll be my weakness. I don't want him to get hurt because of me." I whispered the last part sadly.

Gabrielle hugged me once again and gently patted my head.

"It's okay. It's not like this mission of yours will take forever. You'll be together soon." She coed softly and I only nodded as I buried my face in her shoulder for comfort.

"Aren't you at least going to tell me who he is?" She asked after a couple of silent minutes.

"Prince Lucian Bendtner." I replied but my voice came out muffled.

However, from Gabrielle's loud gasp and her pushing me slightly away, I was sure that she heard me clearly.

"Come again? Prince Lucian? As in, the prince of werewolves, Prince Lucian?" She asked in disbelief to which I only nodded.