Chapter 23: Star gazing

April

Lucian and I remained crouched in our positions on a rooftop of one of the storage sheds at The Saint Marine port.

We watched as men were unloading wooden boxes from the only ship standing in the harbour. It was more of a battle ship than a normal one with its several gun ports on both sides.

My eyes went to the very tip of the ship and I saw the name 'Nau De Mort' carved onto it in italic.

"Do you know what that name means Hugh?"I asked out of curiosity. 

"Let me check." He responded back and I began to spell the name out from him.

"Death ship. It's Catalan." 

"Catalan?" I asked in confusion. " Where in God's name is that?"

"Do you think that those are the weapons inside those boxes?" I heard Lucian ask in a low voice next to me, breaking Hugh and I's conversation.

"Surely," came my simple reply as I continued watching.

"Do you have the camera ready?" I asked Lucian after a couple of minutes.

"Yup." He replied, popping the 'p' as he patted the camera that he had handing from his neck.

"Rose." I heard Hugh call. He was careful not to use my real name since Freya was sitting right next to him and Lucian could hear him clearly from his earpiece.

"Yeah?" I replied, keeping my eyes on the moving men.

I heard, more than saw Lucian snapping a couple of pictures of the scene in front of us.

"I'm really sorry about this, but I want you to get me one of those weapons." Hugh said hesitantly and I could imagine him biting the inside of his cheek.

Lucian turned towards me, giving me a what the hell look.

I just shrugged my shoulders at him, my own face contorted to that of confusion.

"Why? That wasn't our original plan." Lucian asked before I got the chance to. He was more growling at Hugh than asking.

Our original plan was to just take a few new pictures and videos of the shipping and the weapons inside the boxes since the ones we had were seven years old, if not more.

We wanted solid proof that we saw and captured with our own eyes. We had to know who was buying them and for what and what does all this have to do with my parents.

"Well, Freya and I were looking through the videos again and we're suspecting something now so I wanted to make sure." Hugh explained.

"Suspect what?" I asked.

I heard Hugh sigh deeply. "I'll explain everything later Rose, just please get me one of those weapons, just one." He pleaded.

I sigh of my own left my mouth.

"Sorry." Hugh mumbled.

"What? Are we really going to do as he said?" Lucian asked me with wide eyes when I sighed again.

"Yeah, he said that they suspected something and it might help us later on." I replied with a shrug of my shoulders.

Lucian groaned before letting a series of words that would put any pirate to shame.

"I just wanted to spend a peaceful night with you. Talk and get to know each other or something." He whined.

"Sorry." I murmured as I watched him with amusement.