Chapter 7: I was expecting you

April

"There are a total of twenty wolves on patrol along with their third in command." Hugh spoke into the ear piece as I stayed in my favourite place, on a tree branch.

I was looking through my infrared binoculars, observing my surroundings.

Those binoculars were specifically designed to make you distinguish body heat and see it as a mixture of red and yellow swirls.

"The east side is the least protected, I could try that route." I stated as I continued analysing the place around me.

"Find me the exact location of the alpha."

"Hmm...."Hugh hummed and I heard the quick tapping of the keyboard. "

"He's in his bedroom." He replied after a while to which I only hummed in response.

"But he's with his mate April, you can't possibly talk to him there." Hugh continued.

"Call his office phone. That'll pull him there." I suggested.

I heard more tapping before I heard the all too known ringing of a phone.

"Keep him busy." I stated as I placed my binoculars back and started moving towards the pack house.

As I got closer to the office window I could hear Alpha Rosewood talking to Hugh.

I jumped to the tree branch nearest to his window office which was thankfully opened.

"Yes, yes. I've already sent them to get them checked." I heard him say as I slide easily through the window.

"That's enough now Hugh." I said, making Alpha Rosewood snap his head to my direction.

"Yes Alpha." Hugh replied to which both the Alpha and I heard him.

Alpha Rosewood looked at the phone in his hand in confusion when he heard the beeping sound of the cut line.

He turned his gaze back to me and didn't waver as he placed the phone back on its holder.

"I've been expecting you, you know." He stated coolly.

I raised my eyebrows at him and started walking casually around the room.

"Oh yeah? And how is that?" I asked calmly as I trailed my fingers along a book cover that was lying out of place on the bookshelf.

'The Great Gatsby', the title read.

"I heard about you killing my former pack warriors so I assumed that you'd want to find answers here as well for whatever you're searching for." Alpha Rosewood replied, surprising me a little.

"And will you be able to give me those answers?" I asked as I walked towards the sofa and sat down crossing one leg over the other.

I was treating this place like it was my own office and I'm here talking to a long time friend.

I wasn't nervous one bit and it looked like Alpha Rosewood wasn't either.

A small smile tugged at his lips as he shook his head.

"I'm afraid I won't be of much help since I too, am looking for answers." He said in what appeared to be a disappointed tone.

I scrunched up my face in confusion and it seemed like he saw my furrowed eyebrows as he continued.

"The situation is explained simply actually. One day I was with my beta and the next one he wasn't along with three of my best warriors." Alpha Rosewood explained.