Chapter 21: Blocked nose

April

"April, more men are coming, you have to leave." Hugh warned through the earpiece.

"Give us directions for the nearest exist Hugh." I told him as Lucian and I remained in the janitor's closet.

"You're way too far for the fire exists that I told you about but there's a staircase that can lead you to the ground floor." Hugh replied and I could hear the sound of his fingers tapping against the keyboard.

"Okay, lead us to it." I ordered as Lucian and I ran out of the closet, me running in front.

"Rose watch out!" I heard Lucian yell as he ran faster towards me.

I looked to my side and ducked just in time as a man swinged his fist to my face but missing me.

I caught his arm that was still in the air and brought it to my knee, earning myself a satisfying crack and a yelp of pain from the man.

I turned around to find Lucian aiming a kick in the stomach to a man as he punched another.

I got pulled out of my staring when someone kicked me in the back making me stumble forwards and fall to the ground.

I quickly turned around and kicked the man who pushed me where the sun doesn't shine.

He doubled over, giving me great access to punch his face.

Blood oozed out of his nose and I knew for sure that it was broken.

"Lucian." I called out as I ducked from another man's kick.

"Yes baby?" He answered as he punched a man in the eye.

"You never really did tell me, how you came to know that I was here?" I asked punching a man in the gut and side kicking his friend.

"Your idiot of a friend told me." Lucian replied as he threw a man over his back.

I turned around and looked at him in confusion. "Hugh?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

Lucian ran towards me and picked me up by my waist.

"Kick." He ordered and I obliged.

A man yelped as my feet came in contact with his chest.

"Yes, Hugh." Lucian said with a small smile as he put me down to my feet.

"You're welcome." Hugh said into my ear causing a small smile to spread across my lips.

"But you have to really get out now, the local police are approaching." He continued making my smile falter.

Uh oh.

I quickly grabbed Lucian's hand and started running.

"Turn left." Hugh commanded.

We entered another corridor with lockers lining up against the wall.

"Get them!" We heard someone yell from behind us as Lucian and I continued running.

I was running out of breath and my muscles felt very sore.

Lucian must've noticed my decrease in speed as he picked me up bridal style and continued running.

"I can still run you know." I told him.

"I know." Lucian smirked down at me before turning his gaze back in front of him.

"You've got one hiding behind a locker and approaching in three.." Hugh said.