Chapter 30: War has started

April

A buzzing sound that kept irritating my ears made me groan and try to open my unnaturally heavy eyelids.

I expected to be hit my bright light of some sort but was instead met with darkness. It was as if I never even opened my eyes.

As I started regaining my senses back, my eyes travelled around inspecting my surrounding.

I tried moving but was restrained in my place with my hands and legs tied to the chair I was on.

I started tugging at the ropes harder but the burning feeling made it harder every time. They must've dipped the ropes in silver for them to burn like that.

I tried calling for Rose but she wouldn't answer. Our link was cut and nothing was reaching her from me or vice versa.

I remained calm for a couple of seconds trying to regain all my strength and breath, hoping that I collect enough energy to break the ropes. I had no other choice but to have high hopes.

I growled loudly when I couldn't succeed but didn't let that stop me as I continued tugging and moving the chair in an attempt to be let go.

"Stop! April Stop it, you'll hurt yourself!" An unfamiliar male voice pleaded in the darkness.

I stopped my actions and looked up in confusion. I thought I was alone.

"Who are you?" I asked breathless.

The man sighed. "I never wished to meet you like that." He said in a regretful voice, mostly to himself.

"Who are you?" I repeated.

"You know me as beta Doyle."

Once his answered reached my ears I let out a loud growl that even I didn't know I had enough potential to make and started tugging at my strains harder wanting to get to him now more than escaping.

"Calm down April please. You'll just hurt yourself more." He pleaded but I didn't listen.

"Shut up!" I growled at him as I pulled harder, hurting my hands and legs more. Eventually, I started feeling a warm liquid trailing down along both my feet and hand. The smell of blood made it known what that liquid was.

Doyle growled. "You're bleeding!" He scolded. "I told you to stop."

"It's none of your business!" I snapped. "I hate you!"

Doyle sighed again. "I know, and you have every right to be."

"Good that you know. This way you won't question it when I kill you." I snarled at him.

Doyle sighed again. "Can't you listen to me at least?" He pleaded.

"The only thing I'll be listening to will be the answers you'll be giving to my questions and your screams of agony when I get my hands on you." I retorted angrily.

"Fair enough."

"Who's my mother?" I asked.

"Why do you ask, it's Teresa Fields of course." He answered.

"My biological mother." I growled at him.

He remained silent for a while and I thought that he wouldn't speak.

"You found out." He stated more than asked in a whisper.

"Surprise." I sang in a sarcastic way before regaining my angry self. "Who was she?" I asked again.

"Her name was Maria. I met her at a hotel casino. Damn, she was one poker whale." He let out a light chuckle at the end as he remembered which made me growl at him again.