Chapter 26: Kitchen mayhem

April

I let out a low grunt as I aimed my fist to my punching bag. It swayed backwards, its hinges squeaking with the movement before retreating back to its original position.

Another punch followed by a third.

I watched as more dents are formed on its leather skin as a results from my anger fits.

Originally, I bought this bag to train but then it became a way to unleash all of my pent up anger.

"How dare they threaten me, and with a head none the less? Don't they know how freaky that is?" I growled lowly, all fear from yesterday disappearing and is replaced with anger.

When I woke up today, Lucian was still sleeping soundly next to me. His eyebrows were furrowed together though so I slowly brought my index finger to the creases that formed between them and watched as they flattened back.

He pulled me impossibly closer and buried his head in my neck as he mumbled incoherent words in his sleep.

I sighed in content as his warmth filled the air around us, however, it was short lived.

Unfortunately, Hugh called me to warn me that Uncle Adam was on his way to my room and I quickly had to wake Lucian up and usher him out of the window to leave, much to his dismay.

I got yelled at for being late in preparing breakfast but thankfully didn't get hit, and after I made sure that I've done all my chores and that most of the pack members are out and about in their own world, I took the chance to go up and release my anger on the poor gray bag.

Sweat trickled down the side of my forehead and down my back and chest as I continued my assault on the bag with a double kick, making it sway harder but the damn loyal thing came back to me again.

"Why are you coming back huh? Aren't you fed up of me punching you," I yelled as I punched it. "Kicking you," I kicked it's side. "And literally spilling your guts out?" I asked with another kick.

I know I made no sense whatsoever and I honestly didn't care. If it made me feel better then so be it.

I felt my phone vibrate in my short's pocket and with one hand reached for it while the other continued on punching the bag.

"Hello?" I asked breathlessly as I aimed a strong punch.

"Hey baby girl." An all too familiar voice replied, making me lose my concentration all of a sudden.

This caused the punching to come colliding back with my face making me fall to the ground with a thud.

Looks like the it's finally getting even with me.

"Ow." I winced as I rubbed my aching butt.

"April! April answer me! What happened?" I heard Lucian yell through the phone.

I quickly grabbed it from where it fell on the ground and brought it to my ear.

"Lucian?" I called. "Where the hell did you get my number from?" I asked in confusion.

"I have my ways." He replied and I could imagine the sheepish grin that was plastered on his face, making a small smile of my own tug at the corner of my lips.

"Are you okay though?" He asked with a hint of worry.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just fell." I replied to which Lucian just responded to with an 'oh'.

"So? Are you at the pack house?" He asked.

"Yup." I said popping the 'p' as I grabbed my white towel to dry my sweat. "Why?"