Chapter 8: Innocent Strength...and Pure Resolve

It was the evening time at mistress Alana's house. It was the night before Tema and his friends were due to go to the next destination of the world sentinel competition. Everyone had been invited to a night time banquet at Alana's mansion. Alana had invited Tema and Yumi to her back garden to discuss something. Which from her face she appeared to have trouble with talking about. But just when she was about to speak...a loud force landed on the grass floor.

As the three of them turned, the origin was a tall muscular, bald sentinel. The sentinel, calling himself Rafiel appeared before them. Rafiel claims that he is a divine sentinel. And demands that Tema hand over the sentinel, he believes Tema is keeping prisoner. When Tema denies his request Rafiel swings his weapon, Yumi blocked his attack deflecting the weapon away from Tema. Yumi then stands ready to defend Tema against the might of Rafiel with Rafiel friend watching from the rooftops.

Yumi was serious against Rafiel who looked a bit perplexed "I won't let you hurt Tema!" Rafiel looked curiously at Yumi

"why are you defending this...human? All they do is keep our kind under their thrall, to use and throw away when they want. You should come with me, to somewhere better"

"No you're wrong about Tema" said Yumi defiantly "And I'm not letting you near him" Rafiel sighed

"I see you're really under his control. It looks like I need to beat some sense into you" Rafiel prepared himself "so let's begin"

Rafiel immediately was about to bring his dual weapon, a weapon with a hammer on one end and an axe on the other, down on Yumi. Yumi however stretched out her hand, producing her scythe and caught Rafiel's weapon with it. Yumi then deflected Rafiel's weapon to the side, knocking him off-balance. Yumi then jumped and kicked Rafiel in the face sending him backward to the ground.

Rafiel quickly sat up rubbing his chin "quite a blow from a runt"

"Awww...are you losing your touch?" said the girl sentinel from the roof "to think you'd be bested by such a little girl"

"shut it Z" said Rafiel getting up "I'm just messing around" Rafiel appeared unfazed  "so...let us continue" Rafiel this time swung the axe end at Yumi. Yumi then jumped up making the axe plough into the ground.

Yumi then landed on the pole of the weapon and ran up it striking Rafiel's face with a punch...Rafiel reacted but appeared not to even feel it "it seems you don't quite know what you're up against" Rafiel head-smashed Yumi into the ground with considerable force. Rafiel then kicked her away along the ground running after her "now submit!" as Rafiel brought the hammer-end down Yumi, using her hands avoided the axe, getting to her feet.

Yumi was breathing slightly heavily as blood ran down her forehead. Rafiel unstuck his weapon looking quite confident "well...as least you're capable. Look just make this easy on yourself, I don't want to have to hurt my fellow kind"

"Why should I? You nearly hurt my friend" said Yumi adamantly readying herself "and I won't forgive you" Rafiel looked perplexed

"you're...willing aren't you?" asked Rafiel "That means...I have to bring you back by force!"

Rafiel swung his weapon in a vertical hammer trying to hit Yumi with the hammer end. Yumi used the pole of her scythe to block the hammer... but the force was immense. Yumi was buckling under the sheer strength of his attack, which brought Yumi to her knees. Yumi struggled "he's...too strong...I can't"