Chapter 24: A Cold land...and Warm Emotion

(For this Chapter, there's a music track I want you to listen to. The Prompt to play it will be shown later)

Viola gazed onto the once lush land of Terra a world renowned for its greenery and plant-life. But as she looked at the land, cast in the light of the moon,  the trees were almost bare. The grass was crusty and with many empty spots and there wasn't there a single flower for miles. Because the world of Terra. to her regret, is dying.

Rafiel boarded the craft with Kairi, asleep, in his arms, wrapped in a blanket "good evening to you Viola...or good morning which is which"

"Hello there Rafiel" greeted Viola "Why don't you put Kairi into my sleeping bag? I sleep better sat up on a craft anyway"

"I thank you very much. Could you help me put her in?" with Viola's help Kairi was now comfortably within the confines of the sleeping bag "it's very good luck this craft landed when it did"

"Rafiel...are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yes...I do" the craft was now taking off, and moving away from Terra "the guardian pillar...has been...stolen"

The craft was now flying through the night. Viola looked grim as she folded her arms "I thought something felt wrong. I couldn't really feel any life signs from that planet at all. Could you tell me your side of the story?"

"We were, truth be told, planning to stay at Terra" said Rafiel "we were going to relax for the day. And take in the sights. But...we quickly realised something was wrong. It was the night-time when we arrived...and we were heading to the inn to rest...but not a single soul was around"

"but...isn't Terra normally quiet?"

Rafiel folded his arms "that's what I thought at first. So I went to go and find the leader...and he was packing to leave" Viola sighed

"that is...rather bad" said Viola

"He said, 'have you come to take in the sights...too late' And as I looked out onto the land...the leafs fells off the tree, the grass was crunchy...and all signs of any life...withered away. I came to the conclusion...that the guardian pillar must have been stolen...or siphoned of its power"

After a brief moment of thought Viola remembered something...from the meeting with the Atlas of water

"Five?" said Aurora "So there's one at Nova Aerris?"

"that is correct divine one"said Atlas "Each one is destined with the protection of the pillars of life...but one has failed in his duty" Viola knew the grimness of Terra...was true

"I can confirm...you are correct Rafiel. Do you know of the sentinel called Atlas?"

Rafiel put his finger to his head "not...in person. But I vaguely recall that would be the name of the sentinel tasked with the welfare of the guardian pillars"

"Well...do you know there are five of them?" said Viola "there are five Atlas'...but they are almost of one mind. They can, somehow, communicate with each other. The Atlas, of water said that one Atlas...had failed in his duty"