Chapter 16: The World of...Yesterday

Tema and all his friends were on the craft boarding to the mysterious solemn town. Solemn town had much mystery about it, similar to Nova Aerris. Solemn town is rumored to be the world of the past, and carries a great secret. Other than that no-one knows what Solemn Town is actually like.

The craft journey was a long one, and would continue until night fell. Tema was talking to Aurora "hey Aurora...do you think that Solemn town is as good as it says it is?"

"Maybe, we'll just have to see" said Aurora smiling "I do know Solemn town is a reminder of our world's past. But I'm not sure what that means"

"I wonder if it shows what the world was like...you know before all this happened. You know...I've been wondering about something"

"Oh...what is it?"

"the reason why sentinels were born"

Viola had heard this and walked over "the reason why we were born huh?. What do you think?" Tema then turned to her

"I don't...believe that sentinels were born...to just be weapons. Or...ummm...used" he said after a pause

"you don't?" asked Viola

"No. You're all living breathing people, with real thoughts and emotions. So if you wanted a weapon...wouldn't it be better to make an emotionless one. Maybe during the desperate time...mankind merely wanted to friend to talk too" Aurora was quite happy

"You know...I like that line of thinking" said Aurora putting an arm around Tema's back "that's something I'd like to believe in"

"as do I" said Viola thinking "That's some nice philosophy from you. To think we sentinels were...born with that purpose in mind"

"That's just...my own personal opinion" said Tema a little embarrassed but Viola shook her head

"No...that's a philosophy I am holding onto from now on"

As Tema found some happiness from this "so Viola...how does this next stage play out then? I know there's eight of us?"

"Well...it works like this" said Viola "from the eight we have left...four will move on to the quarter final"

"The quarter-final?" said Aurora a bit perplexed "I thought quarter finals have eight people"

"well...they'll be technically be eight. The four winners...and the four finalists from last year. From the eight...only four will move on to Nova Aerris"

"The four finalists?" said Tema "and then...Nova Aerris"

 Tema looked to the sky "well...we're almost there. Hey Viola...have you ever thought about...bonding with someone?" she looked a bit down "oh sorry...it was just a random question"

"No...don't worry" said Viola a little quietly "to be honest...it has crossed my mind. But I'm worried I might be too strong...to be bonded"

"I don't think strength has to do with a partner" said Tema honestly "I think friendship is the important thing. The power is just the bonus" Viola smiled "well...I'm going to talk to Lea and Seje"

"alright go on then" said Viola watching Tema go over to them. Aurora saw Viola smiling "he is a most interesting person"

"You know...I bet if you asked him...he'd say yes" said Aurora "he does have a lot of respect for you. I'm sure he'd like you to be with him" Viola looked to be thinking about this