Chapter 33: A Curious Offer and Question

Damos...had unleashed his creation...the astral pillar. A device which contains almost every soul, or core, of everyone human and sentinel. Only Tema, Eve, Aurora  and Kairi remained unaffected. And after only they can hope to stop Damos. As of now the group has split. Eve and Aurora stay to fight Damos. Damos is strangely not really stronger than them, but he's not taking any damage or injury.

Meanwhile Kairi and Tema were in the second skyscraper. Tema was following a strong pull leading him to the top of the second skyscraper...where he found a white circle separate from the building. Inside the room, was on a lifepod and as Kairi opened...it revealed the person inside. Tema somehow knew this person upon first glance "Kairi...this person...is Kaos"

The realisation came upon the two as the person stood, but supported, was Kaos...the demon sentinel "so...this is...the demon sentinel?" said Kairi looking at him and feeling quite afraid "but...how did you know?"

"Call it...instinct" said Tema tapping his head "It's like...meeting a long-lost relative. Or it could be the fact...I have Zephina running through me" Kairi began to back away a little

"he's...not coming to wake up now is he?"

"I...don't know" Tema looking at him "but Kairi...doesn't he look...off to you?"

Kairi put aside her fear "yeah...he's completely still. His chest is barely moving" Tema gingerly put a hand towards Kaos' heart. He nearly retracted his hand...but pressed it on his chest "well Tema?"

"his heart...it's beating" said Tema "but far too slowly. Look watch my finger wag for every beat" Kairi watched his finger

"You're right...that is far too slow. It's like...a beat for every three/four seconds" Kairi pressed a hand on her own heart "but...my heart is going almost faster than a second"

Tema retracted his hand "Something...isn't right. I know when you sleep your  heart rate is reduced, but...for his heart to be this slow...means he has to be in a coma or something"

"But he can't be" said Kairi "The pod is open; Shouldn't the coma be wearing off by now?"

"Yes it should. Unless...the pod wasn't keeping him in a coma in the first place" Tema generating lightning in his hand

"What are you doing Tema?"

"When shocked with lightning the muscles constrict. I'm going to mildly shock him. Watch for any movement"

Tema put his shocking hand on Kaos' chest. Tema the lightning flow through Kaos' body "there's...nothing" Tema retracted his hand "no...reaction at all. What about you Kairi?"

"He didn't even flinch" said Kairi "is he...actually even alive?" Tema then had a flash of inspiration

"I'll check his core. An idea from Atlas" Tema tapped his head before held out his hand "let me just...focus" Tema concentrated for a good while...as he he then put his arm down

"Well Tema?" Tema then moved to Kaos and pulled him back as he did "Tema...there's wires attached to his back" Several tubes were inserted in Kaos' back of different colours "What are they for?"

"Prolonging his pitiful existence. He's dead Kairi" he put Kaos back down "and he has been...for a long time"

Kairi reacted "he's dead?"

"Well...might as well be" said Tema sadly "I could feel his core...but it was dim. And none of that energy I could feel was flowing. The sentinel core, from what I know, flows energy around the body like blood"