1

Zoeys POV

Normally the rain is a welcomed break for me when I'm working at the cafe. No customers! No running around endlessly after people wanting more cake or tea. However, now the other mews had left, Mark and I had parted on an argument earlier that day and I didn't really want to go back to face him. So I was sat in the basement with Wesley and Elliott. Which normally is a barrel of laughs and today wasn't much different. Their always plugging away at their computers, (Wesley more than Elliott) and I just sat there. Staring into space.

Which is cool.

Totally  cool.

Well it would be if I could keep my eyes off Elliott! He's just too darn gorgeous. When he's mad, when he's not- which isn't very often. That blonde hair that flops across his eyes, the way his arm muscles tense when he cross his arms over his chest and the way his eyes can gleam. 

Why do I feel so...strange.. about him.

Although he has been in a weird mood lately. Yelling at me all the time - alright that isn't really odd- but he used to be a bit nice to me at least. 

It was his yelling that snapped me out of my trance.

"Zoey! Do I have to ask you five times now instead of three?!"

"Wha? Uhm sorry did you ask me something?" I smiled slightly, pushing my self up in my chair.

"Would you go get us some coffee please?!" He yelled again, putting his hand to his head.

Rude.

"Get it your self Elliott I'm off duty." I replied, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Zoey..." Wesley warned

"No! I'm tired of always doing everything you say. The both of you! You never ask any of the others! Corina doesn't do anything and you never ask her to do work! So I'm done with me being your dog! Get your own coffee!"

Elliott stared at me for a long while.

Damn I wish I had said that out loud. I'm just to nice to anyone who's not an alien. Besides. At the moment it might rip me apart to yell at Elliott, I can't be mad at him. If I was I think everything might just explode out of me; Mark, whatever feelings where happening in Elliott's direction and my school hampering on at me to go to college. 

"Black or white?" I sighed, standing up and walking towards the door.

"White." Elliott grumbled looking over at the computer as Wesley was presumably running through stuff

"Of course your majesty." I snarled, admittedly to myself, walking up the stairs to the cafe and making his coffee.

-------

ELLIOTT's POV

"I don't know why your so hard on her lately Elliott." Wesley asked me.

"No. You do know why Wesley."

"This again? Just tell her, ask her to dinner or something."

"She's got a boyfriend Wesley. I can't." 

"Did you see how upset she was earlier? Corina actually served her tables, she's had a huge argument with Mark. Maybe now you should go talk to her." He reasoned, then adding quietly, "today is her birthday after all."

"Her birthday?! You serious?"

"Yep, the girls are holding her party tomorrow but I don't think she's doing anything tonight..."

"Hmm alright then," I walked up the stairs to Zoey.

But she still has a boyfriend, why would she want to go out with me anyway. All I do is shout at her, I would probably be the worst boy friend ever. I'm nothing like that Mark guy so why should she like me?

Well here goes nothing I suppose.

-----

ZOEY POV

"Elliott!" I gasped walking straight into him and dropping his coffee, smashing the cup.

"Clumsy today Zoey?" Elliott asked, not yelling but smiling slightly.

"Yeah, I guess. Sorry" I mumbled picking up the broken cup pieces.

"It's fine. I'm sorry for yelling. I have uh stuff of my mind."

"Well your not the only one!" I hissed, cleaning the mess I made away.

"Alright. No need to get feisty Kitty."

I hissed more loudly at him, gritting my teeth.

"What do you want Elliott?" I asked sighing, crossing my arms across my chest.

He suddenly looked taken a back, like words were stuck in his throat but wouldn't come out.

"Er Elliott? Are you okay?" I waved my hand in front of his face.

"What? Yes.  I'm fine. "

"Did you want to ask me something?"

"Yes. I did" Again he was slow to speak, I smiled a little trying to encourage him.

He closed his eyes and spoke quickly "Would you like to come to dinner with me tonight?"

What?! Did Elliott just ask me out! Best birthday present ever! Not that I like Elliott. Who am I kidding of course I like him. I think.  

But even so I can't just say yes. I should probably check. Last time he asked he meant the whole team, not as a date. I suppose he did say with him. Still Zoey, check.

"Wait? You mean like as a date? Me and you? Just us?" I asked, trying to hide my smile that was about to explode onto my face.

"Yes," he nodded "you and me."

"Tonight?"

"If that's OK? "

"Of course I would love to"

I think.