2

ZOEY POV

"Are you kidding me Elliott? Seats in Le Rouge?! Not even Corina or her parents can get a table here. How did you manage this?" I quizzed Elliott excitedly as he looked at his menu.

"I have connections" he smiled. 

"Right.." I replied panning my eyes over the menu.

"Do you know what you want?"

"Uhm I guess so."

He looked at me, one eye narrowed asking me without saying anything

"Yeah. I know what I want Elliott."

"Good." He replied as a waiter appeared and took our order

"You and Wesley should do that." I suggested, sipping my water.

"Do you think I look handsome in a suit?"

I felt my self go red as I nodded slightly "If I do say so myself."

"Thank you. But you seem to do a very good job of running the cafe yourself." He smirked

My cheeks reddened

"I suppose I do don't I. No help from you"

"I do help you Zoey."

"In your own mad way I'll take your word for it." I grinned.

After our meal, which wasn't the best for a place with a large reputation, Elliott looked rather upset: as if the food had ruined what ever tonight was.

We were both leaning over a railing of the river running through the park, the moon was beautifully high, lighting Elliotts beautiful blonde hair.

"Hey, everything okay Elliott?" I asked, looking up at him.

He sighed, moved slightly closer to me, looked across at me.

"Wesley suggested I should tell you, so blame him alright"

"Alright...."

"You may have gathered this alright, your an amazing girl, no ordinary girl but an amazing one. And I really admire you for how you handle everything, granted you explode every now and then, but I find that cute." Now he was going a shade of red. "And so - I know you have your boyfriend - but I just want to say I like you."

This was not elliott. So upfront and not yelling. He likes me? Okay I guess it was sort of obvious. The girls say he's always trying to find a reason to talk to me and he always talks to Wesley about me.

"Uh zoey?" He asked rubbing my shoulder lightly.

"Oh! Uh hello! Yep! I'm here. Didn't zone out of anything I'm right here!" He laughed a little, and slowly took his hand away from my shoulder

"I'm glad your here." We both smiled and I lightly took his hand.

"I'm not going away Elliott."

He grinned, a bigger smile than I've ever seen before. On anyone let alone Elliott.

And then it hit me.

What about Mark?

I mean I always thought we were meant to be, but Elliott. If he is the blue knight whether he will admit it or not, with Elliott I don't have to hide. I can cat out any time with Elliott and he won't call me a freak or want me to hide as Mark might. So I suppose I really ought to break up with him.

Break his heart, but knowing I was a Mew Mew evil alien fighting cat girl might break his heart too. Better I do it then that girl.

We didn't share any words as Elliott walked me back to my house. As his hand dropped from mine, I turned to face him standing on my tip toes I kissed his cheek lightly and blushed.

"Thank you for tonight Elliott. It was lovely. Thankyou."

He nodded and smoothed out a kink in my fringe.

"Happy Birthday Zoey." He whispered, bending down and kissing my lips softly.

I was lost for words to say the least. The one or two times I had kissed Mark was nice but this with Elliott.
Wow. He was a good kisser.

"Happy birthday zoey" I mumbled to myself, laughing slightly and resting my hand on his chest.

"Well, I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow?"

"you betcha."