11

Elliott and I had been training together for almost over a week, my arm had nearly completely healed, no one had uttered anything else about this death Mission to the Cyniclons planet and the cafe was doing really well during the summer.

It was almost the end of the shift, a few tables still had customers eating but many had left. Corina and I were wiping down the tables, when I say Corina I mean myself as her highness was sat by the fan, cooling herself. When a rather odd thing occurred.

"That is your problem! You don't listen! You never listen! Ellie I gave you everything and you won't listen! All I am ask-"

"Brie now isn't a good time."

"Wesley shut up. There never is one with him. Don't worry I'm leaving, Ellie you know what I want."

A tall lady marched from the kitchen and out of the main door, slamming it as she went. The customers left soon after and didn't leave a tip.

"Does Elliott have a sister?" Bridget asked, leaning on her mop.

"What?" I laughed "No! No...I'm sure he doesn't."

"If that wasn't a sister or family relation, he has got some weird lady attached to him"

"Corina don't say the word attached. Please."

I put my clothe down and went towards the kitchen door, only to have it open in my face and Wesley, looking red in the face, pushing past me.

"Wesley who was the shouting lady who lost us our tips?" Kiki asked, grinning away.

"No one Kiki, just and old friend." He shook his head as he walked up the stairs.

"Fine! Looks like I'm just going to have to ask Elliott!" The small blonde monkey suddenly sped off into the kitchen and reappeared, pulling Elliott out by his collar.

"Start talking Wise guy or you won't be working here anymore!"

"Kiki we work for him" Corina sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Who cares! Talk!"

"About what? What has gotten into you Kiki." He pulled her off, backing away slowly.

"She's always like that Elliott." Bridget muttered.

"But whilst we are on the subject of you talking...what just happened?" Corina smiled, leaning against a table and crossing her arms.

"I don't have any idea what you girls are talking about."

"Cut the funny business and tell us who that lady was, we lost tips from four tables! And that was for a new circus ball!!"

"Calm down would ya kid," I hissed grabbing her arm before she could jump any higher.

"You all must being seeing things, there was no woman, and if you were doing your jobs you would get tips."

"Elliott just tell us because we are not that stupid and if you don't my aim might improve when I'm throwing my dagger." I warned, sighing wearily. 

There was a short pause, no one else knew what to say, he had never darted around the truth for so long before. I especially wanted to know, mainly because no one but the girls call him Ellie. And some other woman now does? Not okay.

"She's a friend. From collage."

"Collage."

"A friend?"

"Or a friend friend?"

"And since when do you have female friends who aren't us?"

The four of us girls looked at him, he opened his mouth as if he was about to speak when Renee walked in.

"Your ex-girlfriend just bawled on my shoulder Elliott." She didn't look happy and didn't sound it either.

"Girlfriend?!" The four of us chorused.

--

"Look it was a while ago. Collage. Years ago."

He was talking to me now, facing me, the two of us like gladiators in the arena. He was talking to me but the others were watching, listening, being wolves looking out for their alpha.

I only wished that was still me.

"Collage wasn't that long ago for you. Why did you two break up?"

"She didn't think I was spending enough time with me, that my commitment lay else where."

"Commitment issues!" Kiki yelled.

"How long were you dating for?"

"A year"

I gulped

"Why was she here? Why was she angry?"

"She wasn't angry"

"She was yelling."

"She is just a loud person"

"What did she want?"

"My help."

"Why?"

"She just did! I don't need to give you my whole life story Zoey!"

There was silence for while.

When there is a new alpha there is silence followed by noise.

"Hey, we all need to know Elliott"

"You need to tell us all."

"It affects us all"

"Why can't you just tell us?"

"It's it private?"

"Like private private?"

"Was she in financial trouble?"

"Why would she come to you?"

"You didn't sound very chatty either?"

"Why's that?"

"He's not much of a talker kiki"

"He's not much of anything"

"QUIET"

Silence once more.

Then he said quietly and calmly.

"I didn't listen to her because she said she needed a date for her cousins wedding. I said no, she went on another rant about commitment. Only it was hers to someone else and about plus ones. Zoey. You know I'm committed to the mew mews, to you."
"Seriously? We just had an argument over some stupid girl wanting a plus one? To look good? Urg how demeaning." Korena sighed.

"I bet there's more." Kiki whispered.

"Zoey...will you say something, you're never short of something to say" Elliott eyes were filled with hope, it was a change from his usual worry. Though he still looked lost. He always looks lost.

"She lost us tips.  You're paying for the circus ball"