Love you to the moon and back

Taylor's POV:
Before I know it, dinner is over. Everyone has finished eating and now all we're waiting for is the cheque. As I look down the table, I see everyone engaged in conversation and mingling with one another; even Amara. This night is perfect so far, and I'm so very happy that everything worked out.

Karlie wants to code with her tomorrow, and Mom and Dad just love her and are so so amazed by her intelligence. Just ten minutes ago she had a very informed intellectual discussion with dad on stocks and he was hooked on her. I'm shaken out of my thoughts as my cell phone buzzes in my pocket. Shoot.. I need to take this.. It's Maxine. I excuse myself and walk to the far corner of the restaurant before hitting accept.
T-Taylor   M-Maxine

T-Well hello!

M- Ms.Swift, I regret to inform you that something has just come up. You both need to head down to the office right now. On behalf of the Central Intelligence Agency, we express our deepest apologies for interrupting whatever plans you have for the night.

T- Maxine my parents are over and we're at a restaurant. I cannot and will not come tonight.

M- If you both aren't present the CIA will revoke your fostering license and Amara will be transferred. This is legal under the homeland security act. A car is waiting outside the butchers daughter right now.
T- Give us 10 minutes.. Your stalking abilities are worse than the paparazzi

M- m'am I do not appreciate your humor. I will see you both when you arrive.
....................
And with that the line goes dead. What a kill joy. I make my way to Adam and tell him where we have to go. I'm near tears... He pulls me into a hug and tells me to be strong.. I can't be strong!! I feel like they're going to either take Amara away, or revoke my custody. Maxine never liked me in the first place!!

He says he'll take care of everything here, and I'm so grateful. How did I end up with such an amazing boyfriend?

I tell my parents calmly that Amara and I have to run a few errands and they smile obliviously and tell us that they will meet us at the apartment. After saying bye to Karlie, I finally get to Amara, and I can see by her face that she knows that something major is up. I start to try to explain but she shuts me down. Quieting her voice to a whisper she murmurs in my ear:

"Taylor, it's them isn't it?"

I shoot her a small nod and her face gives nothing away. She puts on a smile, and I match it as we both race towards the door. The night is cool and dry, but surprisingly quiet. There are very very few paparazzi. A man approaches us,shows his badge, and three minutes later, we're in a black Range Rover heading at top speed down the highway.

She's terrified, and I am too although I'm trying my best to hide it. I explain to her the reason Maxine gave me, but she's not convinced. Looking up at me, her lip starts to quiver and she does something very very
un-Amara-ish.

She starts to cry.

Quickly and quietly I pull her onto my lap and she rests her head against my chest. She's very conscious that we're in a car, so she makes no sound but I can see the tears running down her cheeks. She looks up at me and half smiles through her tears:

"Taylor, I just want you to know that the last past days have been amazing and you are such an awesome awesome person. You will always be in my heart. Tell mere and dibbles and Adam and your parents and Karlie that I'll always remember them too.".

Oh shoot.. She's thinking what I'm thinking.

"Amara, this meeting could not even be about that"-

She snuggles up tighter against me and I have to find the courage to continue on.

"You better believe that I'm not giving you up without a fight"

We both laugh at that as the car turns the corner. Shit.. We're here.

The Range Rover pulls out in front of the building and we are instructed to get out. I grab Amara's hand tightly and we both trudge towards the doors to whatever fate be holds us. I really hope this isn't what I think it is.