Distance, Timing, Breakdowns and Fighting

Taylor's POV:
•New York City•

I'm pacing around the hotel room.

I should be at a meeting right now but I'm frantically calling Amara.

I feel like such an awful person.

She left a voicemail about half an hour ago and in it she was crying and ranting and utterly distraught. I feel like I know why and I wish there could have been another way I could've broken the news to her, but I foolishly expected her to understand.

How do you explain to a six year old (however mature they are) that it's really no use trying to hide anything from the outside world. If I would've agreed to just going with the fake story the press would have found out and made it into an even bigger deal than it really was. I was trying to protect her from the harsh criticism of the outside world but it's backfired severely. I forgot that she was six and thoroughly scarred about her past. Gosh. I should've known.

To make matters worse, she's in Nashville and I'm in New York.. I'm not there with her right now and I'm not able to explain this to her in person. I don't know how she's taking this but I haven't gotten any phone calls from Austin, which means that she's doing okay.

I asked Austin to babysit her while my parents worked and I've asked my mom to keep an especially close eye on her when she gets home from work. She bottles up everything so well.. The fact that she was crying and yelling over the phone while Austin is babysitting her means that something is up.

She never cries in front of people yet she's crying in front of Austin?

I try the home phone one more time before calling Austin's cell.

He picks up on the first ring:

"Hey Teffy what's up?"

I ask him to give the phone to Amara but he tells me that "he's stepped out for a bit to get groceries"

I can hear music in the background and I feel like he may be lying but I'm too tired to question it.

Sighing, I ask him to tell her to call when he gets home and he hastily agrees.

I hang up and then slump to the floor. I want to go back to Nashville so bad but I know I can't.

In a fit of tears, I call Karlie and beg her to swing by the house, but she's in the middle of a shoot. She promises to go during her lunch break, which is in an two hours and that slightly calms me down.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.. Maybe she's fine.. But what if she's avoiding me? What if she's terribly upset and she's crying? What if..

I glance at the clock and nearly start to cry again when I see the time. I'm an hour late.. I'm never late to meetings.

Picking myself off the floor, I redo my makeup and grab a pair of black sunglasses before heading out.

I'm flying back tonight no matter the circumstance. She's more important than these meetings.

Verrry Short Update but you'll see why in the next few chapters..

As always thank you all for reading and ily

4+ votes for the next update? (it'll be long I promise :))))

:R: