New to town with a made-up name

Hey you guyss this chapter is going to be a bit different then what you're used to..

I'm sorry that its been so long.. some stuff came up that I had to deal with.. I'm so sorry.

I'll be getting back to my regular schedule from now on..

5+ votes for an update :)
:R:
---

It was a rainy day in New York.

6 year old Amara stared out the window dismally, the words of Maxine radiating through her ears. She couldn't help but feel that the day's weather was a perfect description of her mood.

Unhappily, she ran through the day's events in her mind and bit her lip to stop herself from crying.

She knew nothing of her surroundings other than the fact that she was back in New York. The plane had touched down about an hour ago. Had Taylor found her note? As much as she tried to distance her thoughts from Taylor Swift, she simply couldn't. Drumming her fingers on the window, she forced herself to push the memory far into the back of her mind and oddly it somewhat worked.

Maxine was being surprisingly quiet and the silence that filled the car was eerie. Finally summoning up the courage, she turned to the lady that had quite simply ruined her life.

"Maxine where are we going? You have to at least tell me that".

Amara was surprised at how clear and bold her voice sounded and glancing at Maxine, she was happy that she had sounded perfectly fine. Maxine looked at the girl suspiciously before answering the question.

"We're going to Connecticut. You're going to be staying with a new pair of foster parents and you'll be attending school daily at Winchester Prep".

Amara blinked at Maxine in utter confusion. Wasn't she supposed to be attending a CIA School? Maxine seemed to pick up on the confusion and responded right away.

"Winchester Prep works directly with the CIA. What were you expecting? A school called "CIA Academy?"..."

Maxine scoffed in disbelief at the young girl who in turn glared back at her.

"Amara I expected you to be smarter than this.. A school directly called "CIA Academy" is a security hazard".

Maxine didn't look at the girl while she said this and instead turned her attention to her outfit. Straightening her pantsuit she squinted out the window of the Range Rover and took in the suburban landscape of Connecticut.

"Right.. So Amara we're almost at the foster office.. We're going to fill out paperwork, get you a new name, and get you settled with your new foster parents. Okay?"

Maxine didn't wait to hear the girl's answer and once again she didn't turn to face Amara, who was struggling to stop a smile from appearing on her face.

Amara glanced out the window as sheer relief and happiness breezed through her. She had been expecting this new name thing. In her thought process before leaving Nashville with Maxine, she knew Maxine wouldn't let her real name be used after she had been separated from Taylor. No doubt Maxine knew of the pop star's resources and connections.

Keeping Amara's real name would be a liability as Taylor may figure out where Amara was by just searching up "Amara Patel" into google etc. Once again the six year old's heart ached at the mention of Taylor. Instead of dwelling on the topic she decided to tell Maxine what she wanted her new name to be and to her delight, Maxine approved. If Taylor figured out the clue she would know the new name and that thought almost made the six year old grin again.

About five minutes later, the pair pulled into a ordinary looking office building's parking lot and stepped out. Maxine did the talking and filled out forms while Amara tried to figure out exactly what town they were in. Scanning over the inscription written in the forms, she sounded out the name in her head and frowned.

"New Haven".

What kind of name was that??

She tried her best to search her memory for any knowledge of this town but came up empty handed. Shaking her head, she made a mental note to google it when she got to the foster home.

After Maxine filled out the paperwork, Amara was fingerprinted, photographed and informed about her new foster family.

It was a couple who was fostering her, and in the backseat of the Range Rover she eagerly and nervously looked over the file. After she couldn't take anymore she devoted the rest of her time to staring out the window at the brightly colored trees and buildings.

Connecticut was nothing like New York or Nashville or Syria. With its many tall trees and old buildings, it was something quite different and Amara couldn't decide whether that was a good or bad thing.

After what seemed to be a lifetime of driving, the car stopped outside a small colonial style house with the address of 13 Aspen Lane. The pair walked across the driveway and Maxine rang the doorbell twice.

The door opened almost instantly to reveal a young couple, maybe in their twenties. Both had brown hair and glasses. Instantly, Amara's manners took over and sticking out a hand she introduced herself using the new name.

"Hi it's nice to meet you both. My name is Amy Patel".

The lady turned to what appeared to be her husband and gushed.

"Well aren't you the cutest little thing!! I'm Diane and that's Mark. We're going to be your new foster parents!!".

Mark gave her a warm smile and Amara breathed out a sigh of relief. They seemed nice enough... but again.. they weren't Taylor.

She followed the enthusiastic couple up the stairwell and half smiled when they showed her to the room that they'd set up for her. It was quite plain, with its white walls and furniture, but it was still a decent sized room and she was grateful.

After saying her goodbyes to Maxine, Diane and Mark decided to give her some time to get settled and she could hear them laughing and talking downstairs.

Pulling the green composition book and picture out from under her shirt she almost teared up at the sight of her and Taylor.

This book and photograph had to be protected at all costs.

Taking off her sweatshirt, she placed the item of clothing in the first dresser drawer and tucked the photo and journal under it. That would have to do for now.

Making her way to the twin bed, she sat facing the window and tried her hardest to think of anything but Taylor...but she had no success with this.

What was Taylor doing right now? Did she miss her? And most importantly, did she find the note?