Serendipity

Taylor's POV:
I wake up at 6 am to find the TV turned off and the blankets I'd strewn out neatly folded on the other side of the bed. Amara is nowhere in sight. Sighing, I drag my self out of bed and am on route to the bathroom when I collide with a whirlwind of brown hair and green eyes.

"Good Morning Taylor!"

I look down through half closed eyelids and take a look at Amara. She's dressed, her hair is wet meaning she showered, and she's nibbling on a granola bar. How the heck did I not notice she'd gotten up? Considering we slept in the same bed, you'd think I would've woken up. Rubbing my eyes again I ask her what time she woke up and I see her quickly glance up at the clock before responding:

"I woke up at 6!"

That's a flat out lie. The bedroom clock is always two hours ahead. Right now it shows that it's 8, but it's really 6. Should I let it go? I decide to give her the benefit of the doubt for now and smile at her. She looks up me somewhat relieved before turning and walking to another room. I head to my parents room and with relief realize they're asleep. Ok good. They'll probably wake up in an hour or so, therefore I have enough time to make muffins for breakfast and get ready for the day. I start to head to the bathroom, but I quickly turn and head to the kitchen to get the batter ready. 

When I get downstairs the lights are on and a very familiar figure is flipping through recipes:

"Adam?! I thought you were asleep?"

He looks up alarmed before seeing me. Smiling he makes his way over and kisses me good morning.

A:" I decided you had a long night so I thought I'd make pancakes for everyone today"

Smiling I kiss him again and he grins in response. Suddenly his expression changes to one of concern. Immediately my expression changes too and he looks at me for a moment before talking.

A: " How's the little one?.."

Aww. This is too cute. He looks so worried that I can't help but smile.

"She's good.. Ya.. I think we made some progress last night".

He breathes out a sigh in relief:

"I'm glad.. This is good.. Taylor I want to get to know her but I don't want to scare her.."

I'm a bit taken aback, but I can realize where he's coming from. She acts like a completely different person when she's around me versus when she's around my parents or other people. With me she's exposed and honest and vulnerable, but with others she has this full force confidence which acts like a shield around her feelings. Speaking of other people.. She's going to Karlie's today!! I completely forgot..

Adam notices I'm not really paying attention to the conversation and turns his attention to the recipe book as I try to get my thoughts together.

"Adam.. You should go talk to her!! It's obvious she adores you".

Maybe that was a bit of a white lie, but I don't regret anything when I see his face light up. I love how much he loves Amara. Leaving him to his cooking I make my way up the stairs to get ready.

As I make my way up the stairs I see yet another text from Maxine appear on my phone and it's getting to a point where I literally want to strangle her. As per usual she has a meeting time all set up for today along with her usual incantation that we have to be there or else. Typical.

It's quite frustrating how much power they have over us, and frankly if they didn't have the power to take Amara I wouldn't even bother going. I don't want Amara at another meeting on Syria this close to after her breakdown. She needs time to heal and repeated conversations on what's going on there are only going to make her stress worse. In fact, I feel like we all could use a change of scenery. The New York paps are frustrating the heck out of my parents, Adam and Amara. The stress of the CIA and her Dad and Maxine add on even more to her frustration and she tries not to show it but last night was just proof that she's not fine at all.

My parents are leaving back to Nashville in two days and I think its for the best if we all go with them for a week or so. My minds made up.. We're going to Nashville for a few days just to recoup; And the best part is that Maxine will be about 13,000 miles away.

A/N

2 Short updates because I don't have much homework.. The plot. is. thickening. The only question is what is it? I've given you guys alot to work with and I'm curious as to what you guys are thinking.. :) Oh! and i'm thinking of doing a Q/A about story or anything really in which you guys could ask me questions.. if you're interested in that let me know

Love Love love y'all <3

•R•