A State of Grace

Taylor's POV

Nobody can believe what's just happened. I'm furious at Maxine but even more scared for Amara.

Adam ran out after her and I only can hope that he's caught up to her by now.

Maxine looks like she's just been hit with a truck.

M: "I never planned on deporting her father.. It.. It was an option yes.. But.."

Maxine trails off as she looks at me.

I make eye contact with my lawyer and she's thinking the same thing I am.

Taylor's Lawyer: "M'am if you and your company do not leave the premises in exactly five minutes you will receive a court order for trespassing".

I see Maxine pack up her stuff as I stand rooted to the spot. Her and her lawyer slowly make their way to the door and I escort them out before slamming it shut.

Closing my eyes I run a hand through my hair and sigh.

My mom comes and stands by me just a second later with a paper firmly grasped in her hand. I look at her in disbelief and then smile at what she's managed to do. On the paper is Maxine's signature and a brief paragraph explaining that Maxine specifically stated that Amara's father was not to be deported.

Oh thank goodness. Smiling at my mom for a brief second, I focus my attention back to recalling what happened today

I will never forget the look Amara gave me before she ran out. It was the same look she gave me on the first day I met her. That terrifyingly wild look in her eyes made us all back off as she dashed through the front door at a terrifying speed. What the hell just happened.

She just ran out.

Where could she go? She knows no one in Nashville.. She doesn't even know her way around town!! We've been here two days and we really haven't left the house at all.

As each minute ticks by I'm getting more and more nervous. I expected her to run around the block then come back but she's not back yet. Did she really run away?! My mind starts to recall every place we've visited in the last two days and I make a mental checklist.

What places did she really like? I'll check those first.

I need to go find her.

I let my parents know that I'm going out just as Adam arrives back to the house breathless.

A: "Taylor that girl can run!"

Dismally he shakes his head and looks at me clearly upset.

"Adam we'll find her.. She can't have gotten far.."

He only nods in response as I turn my attention back to thinking about this.

I need to go find her and I need to go now.

Grabbing my keys, I head out to the car.
----------------------------
Next part as soon as this gets 10 reads!! I love you all so much and thank you for reading...

{R}