I Throw Glitter in People's Faces

"Do you see anything yet?" Sabine asked, poking my arm again, she wanted my binoculars.

    "No, and how long do we have to wait?" I asked, again, for like the seventh time.

    "We can't risk going in there until we know there's anyone left to save." Theo pointed out, from my right.

    Sabine was to my left, we were sitting in a tall pine tree, watching the Lab from about a hundred meters away. In a few trees behind us, Anakin, Azmus, Hayami, and Icie waited for the signal to advance. Zerah and Chespin waited back at camp, both of them too young to accompany us this afternoon.

The Lab had anticipated it's distress alarm five minutes ago, we happened to be out and nearby, now we were stalking it to see if they would bring out our friends, or not. I still had no idea where Tyler was, but I had a good feeling he was the one responsible.

I edged forward slightly, looking at all of the exits.

"Justin." Sabine warned, telling me not to jump to the ground and attack.

"Pssh." I replied. "I wasn't going to do anything."

"You know this could be a trap right?" She asked.

I sighed discontentedly and fiddled with the vial of healing elixir out of boredom. Chespin had succeeded in making a serum that would heal someone ten times the normal rate of regeneration. He let me bring along a small sample of it, just in case. I had put it in my jeans pocket. I hoped I wouldn't have to use it.

"That's it." I growled, hoping off the branch.

My wings couldn't carry me, seeing how they were under-grown, severely weak, and injured, I had ruined them with my own embarrassment, but I could still hover downwards slowly. I landed on the ground and pine needles crunched beneath my feet, I looked up at Sabine and Theo, who were glaring at me.

Theo gave the signal to the others waiting in the back and they started moving from tree to tree, as I made my way on foot. I hadn't gone very far when Sabine dropped down beside me.

"I have to take this chance alright?" I told her, as she pulled a mask over her face.

"I know." She replied. "Someone's got to protect you, dork."

I smiled, and together we crept towards the tall building.

Sabine was more prepared then I was, she was dressed like a ninja in, or assassin as she preferred. She was swathed in black silk, with several assorted weapons strapped wherever she could fit them.

"Hey Sabine? How did you become an assassin?" I asked, in a low tone of voice, not to be heard.

She stiffened noticeably, and when she spoke her voice was tense. "I don't think now it really the best time for that Justin."

"Oh."

We still had quite a walk until we even got near the Lab, I didn't really want it to be in complete silence, especially now that I had made it awkward.

"I mean, it's fine if you don't to tell me, it might be hard-"

She interrupted me, probably because she didn't want me rambling the whole trip. "I was ten when the Lab murdered my parents."