Ending the Madness

Will's heart pounded inside of his chest, like a wild bird in a cage as he got closer and closer to the Lab. He had gotten turned around at one point and had only found it once the smoke started started to rise. Now as he gazed upon the destruction on the building that was crumbling, he hoped Dylan was okay, he hoped that this wasn't his fault, he hoped Dylan still cared enough about his own life to come back with him. Will hoped he cared.

There was a door, ripped off of it's hinges, Will tilted his wings forward and landed, trying not to cut himself on the twisted metal as he disappeared into the dark hallways. There was screaming, one person pushed past him and ran out into  the forest. The lights flickered on, a siren started up, Will realized he was looking for a wolf now and not a boy.

"Dylan?" He called out, his hand brushed against something wet on the walls, it came away smeared red.

There was a strangled yell from ahead, Will's head snapped up, say from his hand. He started running, when all of a sudden, in the hallway in front of him, in the crossroad, he saw the wolf. He was limping, Will was about to shout his name again when the ceiling above him gave out.

Will jumped out of the way of the falling debris, now he was covered in dust. A large metal beam had fallen down. Will didn't like to think what would have happened if hadn't dodged out of the way quickly.

    He picked up on something else, people mumbling. The broken beam had opened up a small section of the wall. Will crouched down and listened, he couldn't make out that much...

    "...whole place is coming down."

    "I rebuilt it like a fortress, we'll be fine."

    "My son is more powerful than we first assumed, you can't prepare for these kind of variables."

    "Then I'll take care of him."

    Will couldn't hear anymore. He stood, his hands shaking, some of those voices were familiar but they were so muddled he couldn't think clearly. Another howl shook the halls and Will realized he needed to find another way around the wreckage in the hallway.

    After taking a short detour and found a hallway with a light at the end of it. He saw the crumpled form of Dylan tosses to the side, the was a woman, the lights were pretty dim, Will couldn't make out who it was. She turned away from him, lighting a match and throwing a small long object on the floor. Will realized it was some sort of explosive.

    "Dylan!" He yelled, running down the hallway.

    The woman disappeared, Will managed to grab onto Dylan's arm and haul him over his shoulder, then the bomb exploded. Will snapped out his wings as he was shot forward, both boys being tossed like a fiery salad. Will blinked open his eyes, realizing there was blood on his forehead, probably caused by shrapnel. His wings blocked both them from being burnt to badly, but most of his feathers were singed.

    "Dylan?" He coughed, wheezing through the dust as he stood up, he could barely see through the dust and debris.

    He heard a moan, but he didn't know where it came from. Will squinted his eyes shut and clutched at his forehead, searching for Dylan's thoughts.

    What is Will doing here?

    "Dylan where are you?" Will asked again.

    He saw someone sit up to his right, he walked forward, but then the ceiling creaked and he jumped back as more of it felt down, creating a barrier between him and Dylan.