Chapter Twelve: Let It Flow Naturally

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Headmaster Dumbledore!" I called to the old man as I bound into his office from the spinning staircase. "Dumbel-" I cut myself short as I took a look around his office. Empty. I sighed. Well, he DID say 'at a later date' in the card. My guess was that he was still off attmeding to business. Business to clear my name.

I hugged myself and sunk into one of the plush red cushiony chairs that sat before his desk. I felt entirely like a new person. As if after yesterday, seeing what I did in my fathers memories, and being now free from his guardianship, I was no longer my old self. I was someone else. Even yesterday, when I let my emotions run wild, I showed a new person in me bursting out. Could my father have been the thing keeping me back?

It seemed likely. I did only show greeat amounts of emotion after the fact. Or perhaps it was just seeing him down, seeing him cry for the first time. His weakness. Or the scenes of my mother, learning about her. I could cry, and get angry. Then I remembered Professor Snape.

I sighed again, slouching into the chairs plush exterior. I wasn't sure WHAT to think of him, now. Sure, somewhere in me I could still feel those odd sensations, but who knows? Maybe I could just be thinking of him in another way. Why must it be a crush? I could be setting myself up to think this, only to find out the hard way that I don't think of him romantically at all.

I should just forget about all of this silly mess. He is my professor, and that's it. Our relationship is professional. I shouldn't test him by crossing those boundaries. It's inconciderste on my part, after all he has done for me, to tease him so. Why didn't I realize this before? Why must I torture him so selfishly with my unrecognized actions?

No more. I wouldn't act so insolent any longer. I had a likely towards Professor Snape, and I wouldn't ruin it. I fel as though he was the only person I could really and truly confide in. The he understood me. He was he only person who could console me. Sure, my friends and Dumbledore were great people to have with me, and a lot of help, but they just didn't understand the way he did. They didn't go through any thing like I did. Like he did.

"Miss Vitrosis?" I jumped a foot in the air at the sound of my name, specifically who was saying it and, concurrent how deep in though I was and how thick the air was with silence, how sudden and abrupt it came. I looked over my shoulder at Professor Snape.

He stood there in the doorway, a few feet away from where I sat with my back to him. His tall frame was, as always, in black robes. His black hair just touched his strong shoulders, and onyx eyes bore into mine. I cleared my throat. "Hello, Professor. What are you doing here?" I asked him politely. He didn't seem fazed whatsoever by my new attitude towards him. Then again, he was a man good at hiding his emotions. Often I could see through the facade. Maybe he just wasn't effected.

"I could ask you the same question." His momonone like voice billowed like his jet black robes around him. I turned to fully face him, sitting in the chair on my knees with my head resting on my arms over the top on the chair. "Dumbledore... I, um, came to see him about a card he wrote me..." I wasn't sure how to explain it. I didn't want to say he was my new guardian until I knew for sure.

"Do you have business with him too, sir?" I asked the man. He didn't reply. I suppose it was none of my business, anyways. A silence hung in the air. Should I tell him outright that I was sorry for what I said? Both times? Before I could even think about it, he cleared his throat and spoke to me. "Miss Vitrosis-"

"I'm sorry." I interrupted. He stared back at me, dumbstruck. I was sure he would bring up yesterday, and I didn't want him to have to explain the uncomfortable nature of it all. Before he could ask why, I went on. "I apologize for making you feel so strange. I dot mean to be a bother, or test your patience. We can pretend like I never said anything. I don't want to mess up anything. Your to importaint for me to risk losing."