Chapter Thirty Five: Lead The Way To Safety

HEY, Y'ALL! vote comment fan! Enjoy! And also, I'm trying to make a new cover, but my laptop is down, and it won't let me do it from my iPhone -_-

So, hopefully, I'll have a new and more awesome cover up soon!!! Things are getting super intense... Tell me what you think, want to happen, ect.! Read on, witches and wizards! :)

-Haeley

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

All around me, screams of terror echoed. People scattered, running for their lives, and here I stood, unable to move, among my fellow fighting friends. "I'll go search for the diadem." Harry announced. Ron and Hermione exchanged hopeful looks, before launching into a story about retrieving another Basalisc fang to destroy the other Horcruxes. Harry approved, and they turned to me. I stumbled over words.

"I'm going to secure boundaries and fight off Death Eaters and... T-take care of some business." I told them. Really, ny main plan was to run into Snapes office and reminisce, go through his stuff, and miss him terribly. Of course, I had something else planned to help people, too. I had the advantage nonome else had: Sadinia. I had a secret weapon, and an oh-so-powerful one, at that.

The trio found no flaws in my plan. They nodded, and we a agreed to meet up later, once we were done. Hermione and Ron carried the Maurders Map, and I assured them I would find them my own way. My cat mother at my side, I jumped into action.

I found McGonagal outside, along with Neville, Shamas, Flitwick, and Mrs. Weasly. Just as Neville and Shamas ran off, I arrived. McGonagal took one look at me before sighing with relief. "Ah, Claudinia, good. I need you to do somethig for me." She seemed quite on edge, so I immediately agreed. "Anything, Professor." I nodded yes.

"Good, good. I need you to help cast the barrier charm. We have to get Hogwarts under protection, even if just for a little while." She told me. I affirmed her request, pointing my wand to the sky.

It occurred to me then that I was not only blocking out Death Eaters, but also Snape. It hurt, but I knew I had to do what has to be done. As much as it pained me, I had to protect the hundreds of students here over him. He was a frown man, after all; he didn't need me to fawn over him.

Once that was done, I decided what I needed to do. The urge in me was too strong to resist, now: I ran to Snapes office. Everyone was so busy rushing around for safety, no one cared to stop me. That is, until I ran into Fred and George.

The eager and nervous twins squeezed me in a hug, though through their humerous exterior, I picked up on the worry. I felt for them. "Where are you headed, Claud?" Fred asked me curiously. I smiled encouragingly at them. "I'm off to secure the barriers, make sure it's all up, no openings. Also, I'm managing some of the chaos of students. Securing them all inside and safe. No straggling first years."

Okay, so that was pretty much all made up, but I really was planning on doing that stuff... After I visit Snapes office, that is. They nodded approvingly, impressed by my efficiency. "Well, were off to stand guard, for when the Death Eaters attack."

I knew the worry and anguish showed on my face. They would be right there, front lines, in the face of danger. They could likely die. The twins gave me an encouraging look, and George gave me a bear hug. "Don't worry, dear- we'll be in and out, and see you soon." He patted my pale, cold cheek lovingly, and I admired how close I've grown to the two.

They were like brothers to me, and I loved them dearly. If anything were to happen... I wouldn't sleep for ages. His brother then wrapped his arms around me. "Yeah, we can all celebrate our victory together." He whispered in my ear as his brother had. After one last squeeze, he patted me on he cheek. They stared caressingly into my eyes in unison, and tears brought to my eyes as I though of something happening to them.