Chapter Sixteen: You Cant Deny, Age Is But A Number

WHAT?! AN AUTHORS NOT FOR ONCE! AND IT'S ONLY TOOK... SIXTEEN CHAPTERS!!! :)

HEY Y'ALL! ITS HAELEY!!! JUST WANNA SAY, THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND PRAISE!!! YALL MAKE MY DAY, AND ARE THE REASON I KEEP ON WRITIG THIS FANFIC!!! HOPE Y'ALL LIKE IT, CAYSE THE NEXT CHAPTER AFTER THIS IS GONNA BE MY FAVORITE

TO WRITE!!! ITS FULL OF A BUNCH OF EXCITMENT AND....

SNAPE!!! I LOVE SEVERUS SNAPE!!! COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS? VOTES? FANS? YOU KNOW I LOVE EM!! ;)

-HAELEY

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

He heard it as soon as I did, and the both of us simultaneously lept apart. I darted up to my feet, staring ahead. Merlins beard! What the bloody he'll am I going to do, now? Snape stood and grabbed my arm gently, walking me to a corner in the damp dark room. He reached over to the wall, pulling on in. A small door swung open, revealing a tiny hidden space I never would have guessed was there. It just looked like a walk to me. Then again, I think that was the point.

Without an explanation, I hoisted myself up and into the cubbyhole, Snape helping me. I felt a little embarrassed, I must admit, and almost wronged. I hated having to hide away like a mistress when the wife comes around. It made me feel unimportant and second-hand. Nevertheless, I knew it was for the good of us both. Snape probably felt just as bad, crammig me into a little hole in the wall.

Half a minute later, a voice matched the footsteps, and they came to a halt. "Ah, Severus. I suspected you were hiding down here, again." It was the voice of Dumbledore. I held my breath. "What is it you need?" He asked the new arrival, obvious annoyance inhis tone. Dumbledore ignored it. "I require some... Assistance, Severus." He began. This sounded iffy. "I have been out Yakut care of business connected to Miss Vitrosis, as you know, and her father has been found guilty of abuse by the Ministry as of this morning."

What?! Guilty? I didn't even know there was a trial! Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he allow me to be there? I am the abusee, after all. Shouldnt they require my alibi as proof to get him? I pressed closer to the hidden door, extra careful not to open it on accident and give it all away. "And what do you need my help for?" Snape drawled in his usual fashion of halfheartedness. "Yes. I need you to keep Miss Vitrosis away tomorrow. That is when he will be here at the school, in order to be escorted to Azkaban."

I gasped, then covered my mouth. Hopefully neither one of them heard that. I replayed what I just heard in my mind. Azkaban prison? My father? Is that really necessary? I didn't want him to suffer that way, no matter how much he hurt me. He didn't deserve that. That was where Death Eaters and murderers went. Not abuse-prone parents. Hendidnt even hurt me that badly. Only a little. There had to be a way to stop this. I wouldn't allow it.

"Fine. I suppose I'll give her an extra lesson of some sort." He waved it off like yet another bother added to his list. I rolled my eyes and the utter darkness of my cubbyhole. I could imagine Dumbledore nodding. "That would work, although I was hoping Hourinie get her out of the school grounds for the day. I wouldn't want her to desckver anything and rush in the way."

If I was correct, it almost sounded as if Dumbledore was tryig to get Snape to take me out. Did he discover something? I don't see how... It's only been a few hours since anything even began, for Merlins sake. He also mentioned being out all day. Perhaps he didn't know anything, and was only trying to help me out. "I don't see why it must be ME to babysit the girl." Snape murmured. He really drove this case home. This man sldeserved a lat on the back.

Dumbledore chuckled. "Oh, don't play coy with me, Severus. I've always been able to tell when your lying, and this is no different." The headmaster told Snape. "I have no idea what your talking about." Snape snapped back at him. One thing Dumbledore and I had in common was our ability to buffer out most all the rudeness of Snape. "Of course. Anyways, just be sure you get her out ofthe castle. We wouldn't want her to know anything."