Chapter Seventeen: In Your Arms

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I stayed in Snapes arms. It felt good, just having him hold me close. It felt like enough. He used one hand to smooth the hair on the top of my head. "This is nice." I mumbled against his chest. "It is." He agreed solemnly, stroking my soft hair.

I snuggled closer. I wanted to ask, "Snape? Can I keep you? Forever?" but decided against it. I didn't want to break the soft silence between us. It fel too intimate and fragile. We just stood there for a long time, his arms wrapped around me, and mine around him. So innocent. So caring and compassionate. So normal.

I felt as if I could fall asleep right then and there. It was soothing, like a lullaby. However, when I mived my head from his chest and looked up, rescuing my face up to his, I pressed my lips to his. The sleepiness was instantly gone. All my senses lit up like magic, suddenly, and I closed my eyes with a flutter. It was soft and caring, a shared kiss between two loving people.

Then, like yesterday, it seemed to heighten. The kiss got more intimate, passionate, and I pressed myself closer to him. His warmth radiated, and it helped fight the chill that seemed to take place in his classroom. My arms were still around his waist, and his on my cheeks. I stood up on my toes to reach him easier and more comfortably. Snape caressed my cheeks with gentle storks of his hands, then resting them in my hair.

I pulled him closer, moving backwards with one step. Abruptly, Snape scooped me up in his arms, holding me up. I laughed, and he carried me over to wherever, unknown to me since my eyes were still closed. Without breaing the kiss, Snape sat me down. I sat on his desk, looking at him.

Snape stared down at me, something unreadable in his eyes. He sighed heavily, leaning forward. Snape placed him hands on his desk, one one either side of me. His face was close to mine as he spoke to me.

"You are too tempting." He said. His voice was rich, seductive in a way that made me shiver as he spoke then. "Funny, I could say the same to you." I laughed slightly as I spoke. Snape let a small smile play on his lips, and I felt the edges of my mouth quirk into a grin.

Snale pulled back, extending a hand out to me. I took it, giving him a curious and amused look. I hopped off his desk and onto my feet, and laced my fingers through his. He pulled me closer, our hips touched as we stood next to each other and walked to the door.

He pulled my hand to his fce and kissed the soft skin on the top of my hand softly, before letting go. "We are going to take a walk around the school grounds." He told me, opening the door. I nodded approvingly.

We stepped out into the hallway, which was unsurprisingly empty. Even though there were students still here, who would waste time wandering around the classrooms? We walked on silence, until reaching the outdoors of the castle. We stopped on the bridge connectig the castle to the ground on the other side, facing the forest a ways back. It was more of a mass of empty land, spare some trees and ridged cliff like planes way back.

We began our walk, and I wandered if it was safe enough to hold hands. I decided not to take the risk unless Snape took my hand. I waited, Thimphu of something to say to him. "So..." I articulated, still empty of topics to discuss. "You will not interfere, Claudinia. I've chosen this so I will be able to keep a better eye on you. There is no way your getting away from me."

There was both a warning note in his voice, and an amused one. I realized how ingenious his idea was. Sure, places like Hogsmeade were farther away, but they were also full of distractions. I could easily slip away and make my way back here. On the other hand, if it were just him and I taking a walk and talking around the school grounds, there was no way I could make a run for it.