Chapter Twenty Six: Panic In The Forest

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Luna looked confused. "The Forbidden Forest? But isn't that where the Vampires have been attacking recently?"

I nodded slowly, unsure now of my half-baked plan. I really should have thought this through, consequences and all. "Yes... But I need to see something... I-I know you know the land well..." I replied shakily.

Luna had told me quite a while back that she went for walks there all the time, and knew where she was going. I could really use her expertise, since I've only been there once before, and would, no doubt, get lost.

Luna tapped her bottom lip, until agreeing go along with my crazy mission. I was relived to have her coming; if she had said no, I wouldn't have gone. And no one else that would agree to come along knew their way around that forest well.

I felt as if everyone knew my plan. Allthe students walking about, each one that glanced at me momentarily before going on could see what I was up to. I even passed by a few Professors. Well, when they realize that Luna and I are gone, someone will know the direction to look in, and they will know we went into the Forbidden Forest.

Hopefully, however, we can make it out before we get caught. I don't want to get Luna and my house in trouble for this major breaking of the rules.

Ever since Snape and I were attacked by those Vampires, Dumbledore has kept the Forbidden Forest even more restricted. We had to be sneaky. I'm sure Luna knew her way, since she did this often. Though I'm sure she hasn't been in since the new tightening on security.

We stood at the edge of the forest, and I took a deep breath. This would hopefu be the end of my troubling, mind-boggling mystery. I hope this would be the end of it. Luna looked over at me. "Are you ready?" She asked softly. I returned her look, nodding. A gave her a reassuring smile. "Yes."

We stepped into the forest, and I hoped forthe best.

"Perhaps it's time to head home now. It's getting very late." Luna suggested. She was right. We have been out here walking for atleast an hour, and no sign of anything. It was after hours, and everyone was supposed to be in bed now. But I had to find something.

I would rather not take chances, though. Another plan failure. Looks like I would have to come up with another plan to find out what my past is. Maybe it was for the best that we didn't come across anything.

"Alright. Time to go back." I sighed disappointedly. Luna patted my shoulder and we began our walk back. "There there. Sorry we didn't find what you were looking for."

"No problem. Sorry to keep you out so long." I appologized to the blonde. Luna shrugged and smiled a bit. "That's all right. It was fun." She ensured me without hesitation. Well, it wasn't dull, that was for sure. We talked a lot while walking, and it was like a bonding time for us. Atleast I feel closer to Luna now, and I know her better. That was something.

"Here- I know a shortcut that will get us around faster." Luna steered us another way from the one we came from, and I followed her instantly. What better than a shortcut? We needed to et back as fast as we possibly could. Maybe we could even sneak around Filch.

About two minutes into the new planned hike, I began hearing things. Strange things. Like movements. The first few times I guessed I was paranoid, but when Luna began to realize it also, I knew something was up.

"Luna... Where does this s-shortcut go through...?" I asked, frightened of the answer.

"I don't know."