Chapter Thirty Six: I Will Always Love You

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

We managed to herd the small first years, as well as second and a few third, into the common room. It was a tight pack, but it worked. We also gathered six new volunteers to help out.

I stood guard outside, along with my mother, three seventh year Gryffindors, one sixth year Slytherin, two seventh year Ravenclaws, and a fifth year Hufflepuff. My brave companions and I wore our wands at the ready, prepared to fight. We had to face the facts: this was the war of the century. The biggest to ever occur.

I stood in the front center, mother and the Slytherin girl -whos name was Matilda, I learned- at my sides. There was a loud explosion, and I flinched. A loud womans cackle sounded, echoing through the wide, tall hallway passage. I readied myself.

Just as soon as I prepard myself for the fight, it happened. Five Death Eaters jumped out from no where, turnig from the black fog to their solid human forms. A woman and two men. "They don't look so tough!" Sadinia snorted. It was an arrogant comment, for sure, only to fuel my confidence.

They looked VERY tough. Deadly. But I shot out with Snapes killing spell. "SECTUMSEMPURA!" I screamed. They woman cackles and evaded my attack with a warding spell, casting her own wordless fire back.

I managed to sidestep it, only to be bombarded by another. This one hit my shoulder, nearly knocking me over. Sadnina broke through, her power and anger flowigthrough my viens. "AAAAGGGHHHH!" I screeched, rapidly fiering at her.

A look of surprise crossed her face, followed by frustration. But they were short-lived; I caught her with a sectumsempura, and she was down in a flash, clutching her chest area, where a giant wound gushed crimson life onto the floor.

I cast the body out, and her nearly lifeless body flew away, out the window and out of sight. I exhaled with relief. But, as many things this night, it too was short-lived. Someone hooked their sharp hand onto my forearm, yanking me backwards.

My wand was pulled from my hand before I could even fight back. Sadinias angry attitude was still partially present, though fading fast. "COWARD!" I spat, and it earned me a slap in the face.

He drug me into the empty hall just a ways from the skirmish. With dirty hands, he enclosed my fighting arms to my sides, putting one of his own over me to prevent flailing. I still kicked. "Quiet, you!" He hissed, dragging me deeper into the hall.

BbI kicked my legs, but it was a fruitless act, only tiring me out. With a great snout of effort, I snuffed out the anger I felt and calmed my struggling. It would do me no good, and I would need to regain some strength to fight him by sheer strength.

We kept going, and i wondered where henwas taking me. And why. What use was it to drag me through the halls? Death Eaters are not known to take prisoners. Just kill. Unless... Someone wanted me taken captive. And broght to them. Someone like Voldemort.

But why would he want ME, of all people? He was after Harry... But perhaps he heard of my power, and wanted me either killed or joined with him. I would rather die, though. "W-where are you t-taking me...?"

When he finally replied, it was a low hiss of frustration. "The Dark Lord wants to see you."

So my guess was correct. "But why...? He wants Harry Potter... Why waste time on m-me..?"

Annoyed with my questioning, he jerked his grip tighter around me, purposely making me more uncomfortable, and harder for me to breath. I made a slight choking sound, and he answered me haughtily, rude humor lacing his filthy, undomesticated voice. "He just wants to kill you himself. Your a nuccance. Not worth negotiating."