Chapter Thirty: I Know Who You Are

CHAPTER THIRTY

Long, curly blonde hair waterfalled onto my lap, and her pale, sallow skin glowed against my black robes. She wore a tattered sky blue knit sweater that hung loosely on her boney body, and a pair of denim skinny jeans with black canvas shoes. She mumbled incoherently and moved her head. I was still in shock about everything, nitro mention that my pet cat was an Animigus.

Then it hit me. The hair. The face. All her features... I've seen her somewhere, only I couldn't remember exactly. All I knew was my basic instincts were kicking in. Save the person. No matter the form, she was still my friend, and I had to help her.

I'm not sure how I'm goig to carry her all the way back to safety, though. She had to be atleast thirty five, thirty six years old. A hundred and fifty pounds or less. I couldn't carry her. So, I settled for dragging her.

I took her by the arms, holding tightly onto her wrists and began dragging her through the forest, towards the school. After a minute of huffing and puffing, pulling the deadweight, I heard footsteps running behind me. I screamed and dropped one of her arms, yanking out my wand. I was a bit late, however, and the new arrival was at my side, looking down at me in a seconds time. I registered the person only after elbowing them in the ribcage. It was Snape.

I gasped and relaxed, touching my hand to where I landed the sharp blow. "I'm so sorry! I thought... You were one of them." I stammered. Snape grabbed my hand in his and kissed it reassuringly. "I'm fine." Hia black eyes went down to the body laying in frot of me, scanned over her quickly. He looked back at me. "Did you kill someone?"

I looked down at... I'm not even sure what to call her anymore. Surely her name isn't Nightgown. I looked back up at Snape. "No, it's my cat."

He eyed me like I was playing a joke. "You've got to help me! She's hurt..." My voice lowered to a faint whisper. "She could die, Snape. She's my friend. She saved me."

Snape sighed and nodded, swooping her gracefully into his strong, assuring arms, and scanned the area quickly. "Keep out your wand, Claudinia." He ordered sternly, and I did so, following him to the school.

As soon as we were in the presence of another person, who happened to be a seventh year Gryffindor whom I didnt know name of, we had assistance. In all the madness and confusion, I was separated from Snape and my Animigus. I stumled, looking for the crowd, when I got the idea of going to the nurses wing (obviously). On the way there, I ran into Snape.

He demanded an explanation for why I was in the Forbidden Forest, and what she had saved me from. He already knew, I didn't doubt that; but he wanted to hear my side. So, I explained: "Th Vampire from before... He drug me into the Foret during Professor Hagrids class... He told me things..."

"He said I had a twin sister, and that she was a Vampire like him, bt she had died two days after we were born. But her spirit somehow went into me, and that why I'm... Different. In all the madness, my cat showed up and attacked him. He threw her against a tree, and I... I.... Became something... Else."

Snape gave me a baffled look. "Something else? You mean, you think you became her?" We both knew what 'her' he meant. I bit down on my bottom lip and nodded. I ran my fingers through my hair. "Maybe he was right. It would explain a lot of things. How I turn into somethig else when I'm mad. Hermione said my eyes even flashed red when it happened before."

He stopped me. "Wait. Before? When did this happen previously?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "The day before the Yule ball. I punched Pansey Perkins in the nose..."