Chapter Twenty Five: Back to School

HEY! SORRY OT HAS TAKEN ME LONGER THAN USUAL TO UPLOAD! Lol, in truth, it's been one day over. But sorry still! In return for my lateness, I'll tell you a secret..... Some major stuff is about to happen!!! So prepare yourself!! Comment vote and fan!!

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"We have got to make some sort of... Plan! We can NOT just play by ear!" Hermione stated. She obviously was thinkig of our safety. Harry was thinking or revenge. Ron was thinking of staying alive. I was thinking of Snape.

What would he think if I ran off, hunting Horcruxes? Throwing myself into danger? I knew he would completely disapprove. He would never allow me to go off with these three in hopes of defeating Voldemort once and for all. I would get myself killed. Outsmarting Death Eaters? Not as easy a feat as we may think.

I was full aware of the conciquences and risks... But it seemed worth it. I had found out Snape was a Death Eater that night in the cave behind the waterfall. It's a little hard to ignore a giant tattoo of a snake and a dagger on ones arm. I knew it was the Death Eaters mark. I just couldn't believe he was one of them.

I ran my fingers along it's length. "Y... Youre a.... D-death Eater..." it hadn't been a question. Snape allowed me to touch it, though reluctantly. I felt sick inside. Twisted. Fooled. Most of all, I felt like everything was a lie. Snape couldn't be one of THEM, he wasn't like that. Sure, he was harsh, cold hearted, mean, snarky, and incompassionate... But he just wasn't the type like they were. He wasn't the kind who killed for joy. I couldn't see him killing anyone at all.

"It's a complicated matter, Claudinia." He replied blandly. I sat up, clutching the sheets to myself. I hadn't been fully undressed yet, but enough to feel modest and sheepish in this kind of situation. "You... Dumbledore trusts you! You can't betray him... Me..." I felt tears well in my eyes. The man I loved so much was a Daeth Eater. It couldn't be true. But the proof was in the pudding. He had the dark mark.

Snape sat up also, hough didn't take his chances on comforting me to the astonishing news. "I'm merely a spy. Dumbledore asked it of me." He informed me with a soothing tone to his voice. I looked at him, pleadig in my eyes, begging it to be true and not just a comforting lie. He was positively solid on his response. I looked down. "So... Your like a double agent? Has it always been that way?" I asked him.

To my surprise, and demise, he shook his head. "I really was a Death Eater before. Dumbledore turned me away from that side. He saved me from a fate to crule to comprehend. I owe it to him to continue spying." Through his explaination, I could tell how much he despised the fact of being involved still with the group.

I hated him having an attachment to it also, but if Dumbledore is having him do it, then I could accept it. In fact, when I though about it further, I admired it. The bravery he is showin by going in like he does, just to get information to Dumbledore. He said he owed it to him, for leading him back to the right side of things.

I nodded and leaned onto his chest. He put his arms around me and rocked me back and forth calmly. He wasn't evil like them. He wasn't.

And now, knowing the dangers I could face... It seemed likely I wouldn't make it out alive. But I had to try. My whole life has consisted of me cowering in a corner, silent, and allowing kysf to be beat like an animal. I could just sit around any linger and let horrid things happen to innocent people. Every second we wait is another second that someone innocent is harmed by Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

I loved Snape with everything in me. But he had to undertake that I was also doing this for him. If we defeated Voldemort, and the Death Eaters... Then it would free him. Snape would no linger have to pretend to be evil, and preform such evil tasks. He wouldn't have to suffer. He wouldn't have to be though of as an evil Death Eater any longer. He wouldnt have to hide or be afraid that one day Voldemort will find out he isn't really one of them.