Hey Ratliff you picked the wrong lover

A: MY FIRST RYDELLINGTON STORY!!!! EEEEEEE!!!!

B: for those who don't know the title is based off of demi lovato's song "really don't care" i thought it was appropriate for the story

C: um, ENJOY! and please review if you think i should keep going, though i'll probably keep going anyway because i'm excited about this story! aaahhh :D enjoy!

*Rydel’s p.o.v*

I took my house key out of my pocket to unlock the door, but it was already unlocked.

Weird.

I thought to myself, but maybe Ross and the others were home early from their ‘boys day out’ who knew men could be so…girly.

I walked through the door to our Californian home hanging the key on the hook and throwing my bag of clothes on the floor, I’d been out with some friends shopping, signed some autographs, took some pictures with the fans, you know the usual.

I headed towards my room but stopped and backed up.

“Ratliff?” I ask, just now noticing on of our best friends sitting on the couch.

“You know a door mat is a really bad place to hide a spare key right? Besides your guys’ mom made me a spare key a few weeks ago.” He replies.

Though he was being sarcastic the usually peppiness that he usually had seemed to be missing.

I sit down next to him.

“Ratliff…is something wrong?” I ask.

He shakes his head.

“No, it’s nothing.” He replies.

I purse my lips in that “oh really?” kind of way.

“Come on Ell you know you can tell me anything.” I reply.

He smiles slightly when I call him by his nickname.

“Well, ok.” He replies.

There’s a slight pause.

“Ellington!” I exclaim, knowing he’s trying to avoid the conversation.

He cringes, he hated when I used his full name.

“Ok, ok, well…it’s Kelly.” He replies.

“What about her?” I ask.

“Well, I guess it’s me and Kelly.” He replies.

I gasp.

“You guys didn’t break up did you?” I ask.

“No, no, nothing like that, though sometimes I wish she’d just get it over with.” He replies.

“What happened, and tell me everything, I don’t want you leaving anything out.” I reply.

“Well, it started when I told her we were leaving for tour in a few months.” He replied

- - -

“You’re leaving again?” Kelly asks, getting mad.

“What do you want me to do baby?” I ask.

“Stay.” She replies.

“You know I can’t do that Kelly.” I reply.

She groans.

“Don’t I mean anything to you anymore?” she asks.

“Of course you do, you know that.” I reply.