Chapter 9

thank you so much everyone for the continued support, this chapter is more of a spot filler than anything else, my next chapter will have plenty of rydellington moments though i promise! :) hope you all still enjoy this chapter though, enjoy!

*Rydel’s p.o.v*

I sat up in bed after another dream about Ratliff, I looked at my watch that I kept hanging on the headboard of my bed, it was now 9am I looked around the tour bus, everyone seemed to still be asleep, except for dad of course who was driving.

After sitting motionlessly and quietly in my bed for a few minutes I decide to pull out my pink bedazzled composition notebook and a pen.

I played with the pen for a few minutes waiting for some lyrics to come to my head.

I smiled slightly when I heard Ratliff snoring on the lower bunk.

And soon, lyrics came to mind.

I, am not the kind of girl, who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion

But you, are not the kind of boy, who should be marrying the wrong girl.

I skipped four or five lines for what would later be another part to the first verse as I jotted down what would make a good chorus.

This, is, surely not what you thought it would be.

And I lose myself in a daydream, where I stand and say.

Don’t say yes run away now.

I’ll meet you when you’re out of the church at the back door.

Don’t wait, or say a single vow.

You need to hear me out

And they said speak now

I continue humming what I imagine would be a perfect melody for the song as I think of more lyrics.

*Ratliff’s p.o.v*

I woke up to what had to be the most beautiful humming I had ever heard.

I didn’t recognize the melody, though I knew within seconds it was Rydel I heard.

“What you workin on up there nightingale?” I ask.

I hear the humming stop, there’s a pause.

“Rydel?” I ask.

“A song.” I hear her say, quiet as a mouse.

“What kind of song?” I ask.

“Just, I don’t know, I don’t think it’s any good.” She replies.

“come on I bet it is good, you’re writing it so how bad can it be?” I ask.

“Not very good, trust me.” she replies.

“Come on let me hear a bit of it please?” I beg.

*Rydel’s p.o.v*

I bite my lip, I didn’t want to make up an excuse not to sing part of the song for him, but I didn’t want him to think it was about him.

“Ok, here goes.” I finally give in.

“I hear the preacher say, ‘speak now or forever hold your peace

There’s the silence, there’s my last chance.

I stand up with shaky hands, all eyes on me.

Horrified looks from everyone in the room