Chapter 11

ok didn't get quite as many comments on the last chapter as i have been, but that's ok i figure you guys are probably busy and will review when you can, so here is chapter 11, sorry it's so short, i'm warning you now, the next few chapters are gonna blow your guys' minds! so be prepared :P lol and enjoy!

*Ratliff’s p.o.v*

It’s midafternoon before everyone gets back from sight-seeing.

“Hey, how’s Rydel doing?” Mark asks as he sets a handful of shopping bags down beside the door.

“She’s feeling better now, she’s asleep.” I reply.

“You guys missed out!” Riker exclaims as he comes into the room with two or three shopping bags.

I scrunch up my nose.

“I’m not really one for shopping.” I reply.

“Well we got you guys something anyway.” Ross replies as he comes into the room.

Handing me a box in the process.

I open the box to find a pair of green high top converse.

“Wow, these are awesome, thanks guys.” I reply pulling out my wallet.

“How much were they?” I ask.

“Don’t worry about it; just consider it a thank you for staying with Rydel today.” Mark replies.

“Besides we knew you were looking to get a new pair anyway.” Ross adds.

“Thanks.” I reply.

“And we got this for Rydel.” Rocky says pulling a box out of a sack, inside was a pink sparkling tutu.

I smile.

“She’ll like that.” I reply

Suddenly my phone starts ringing.

Ok, just answer it this time, you’re gonna have to face her sooner or later.

I think to myself as I pick up the phone and excuse myself.

“What the he-“

“Kelly relax ok, I’m sorry I hung up on you earlier but I just really didn’t want to fight with you ok, Rydel was sick and I was trying to take care of her, and Kelly, truth be told I’m a little tired of fighting with you, that’s all we ever do anymore.” I say quickly before she can get out the curse word.

“Wait, Rydel was sick?” she asks, her tone softening.

“Yea, stomach flu.” I reply.

“Ratliff I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to get so angry this morning, I should’ve known you had a good reason for not calling me, truth be told I was kind of mad anyway, I failed an algebra test this morning and now I have to start summer school next month.” She replies.

“It’s ok, and I’m sorry to hear that.” I reply, feeling relieved she wasn’t mad anymore.

“I miss you babe.” I say after a slight pause.

“Awww I miss you too, but I’m coming down next week for your first show!” she exclaims.

I smile.

“Can’t wait to see you.” I reply.

“I can’t wait to see you either, it’s been too long.” She replies.

“Baby it’s been less than forty-eight hours.” I laugh.

“Oh gee it’s only been two days?” she whines.

I laugh.

“Feels like years doesn’t it?” I ask.

“More like decades.” She replies

There’s a pause.

“Kelly, are you still there?” I ask.

“Ratliff can I ask you something?” she asks.

I swallow.

“What?” I ask.

“D-do you like Rydel, I mean if you do I won’t be mad, I just, need to know.” She asks.

There’s a pause as I try to find a polite way of putting this.

“Kelly, actually, to be honest, I don’t really know myself, I mean, maybe I do, just a little, but, Kelly I love you I really do I hope you know that, but Rydel is a really great friend, I’m just, really confused.” I reply.

“You’re not mad are you?” I ask.

“No, I’m not mad, truth is, I’ve always known she had a crush on you.” She replies.

“Kelly I love you, I promise, Rydel is just…a really REALLY good friend.” I reply.

“I know you do, and I love you too.” She replies

There’s a pause.

“I gotta go; my next final is in twenty minutes.” She says.

“Ok, good luck, I love you.” I reply.

“Thank you, I love you too, see you next week.” She replies.

“See you next week, goodbye.” I reply as I hang up the phone.

I leave the bathroom to join the others, plopping back on the bed with a sigh.

“Is something wrong?” Rocky asks.

I just now notice he’s the only one in the room.

“Where’d everyone else go?” I ask.

“To get something to eat from the cafeteria, don’t dodge my question, what’s wrong” he asks.

I sigh.

“I don’t know…” I let the reply hang in the air.

“Is it Kelly, I know you two have been fighting a lot lately.” He replies.

“Actually…it kinda has to do with your sister.” I reply.

“Rydel, what about her?” he asks.

I don’t reply, just groan in exasperation.

“No, you like her don’t you?” he asks.

I sit up and look at him.

“Yes, I don’t know, maybe, but, I love Kelly, I’m in a RELATIONSHIP with Kelly, I can’t like another girl!” I reply.

“Ok A: you can have other friends who are girls even if you’re in a relationship, B: if you like Rydel, well, I don’t know can you really help who you fall in love with? But, in the end you’re going to have to decide for yourself what to do, if I was you though, and this may sound weird because she’s my sister, I’d pick Rydel, look all you and Kelly have been doing the last two or three weeks is fight, make up, fight, make up, it’s like a never ending circle.” He replies.

“Ok, well let’s say for situations sake I did break up with Kelly, and then maybe after some time started dating Rydel, what if we start fighting too?” I ask.

“If it matters enough to you that’s a risk you’re just gonna have to take.” He replies.

I plop back onto the bed again.

“I don’t WANT to break up with Kelly though.” I reply.

“Well then don’t, either way you have to pick your battles.” He replies.

“And it looks like a losing game no matter what play I make.” I reply.

“Are we talking about football now?” Rocky asks.

I laugh halfheartedly.

What am I going to do?

I ask myself.

again sorry it's shorter than other chapters its more of a time filler but hope you guys still enjoyed it, and prepare yourselves for the next few chapters cuz it's gonna get crazy ;) hope you guys are ready for it, please review, the more reviews i get the faster i'll start posting the next chapters! :)