Chapter 15

well, here it is, the next chapter :) only two chapters after this! i really want to write a sequel but i haven't got any ideas yet, but we'll see, maybe i'll think of something :P anyway, enjoy!

*Rydel’s p.o.v*

“Rydel what the heck are you doing here?”

I jolt awake, not realizing I’d fallen asleep.

“Ratliff!” I exclaimed, pulling him down in a hug.

He laughed slightly.

“I’m ok, I’m ok.” He replies.

Then I slap him, playfully of course.

“Why would you do that to me?” I ask.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t running away from you, just know that right now.” He replies.

“It was really irrational and I realize that, but I just, needed some time alone, and I just really didn’t feel like facing the fans at sound check today, you KNOW what they’d be asking about today.” He adds.

I pull him back down into another hug, and he takes a seat next to me on the bed.

“I know, but that still doesn’t give you the right to run away, you could’ve just TALKED to me, or Riker, or SOMEONE.” I reply.

“I know, and I should’ve, I’m sorry.” He replies.

“Apology excepted.” I reply with a smile.

He smiles back.

There’s an awkward pause.

“And, just for the record, if you don’t feel the same way about me, don’t break up with Kelly because you feel sorry for me, if you want to, you should get back together with her.” I say.

“Hey, look at me.” he replies softly.

I turn my head to look at him.

“I meant, EVERY word I said to you yesterday, it just, took me a long time to admit it to myself before I could admit it to you.” He replies.

“Really, you mean it, you’re not just saying that so you won’t hurt my feelings?” I ask.

Suddenly he leans in, pressing his lips against mine, bringing his hands up to cup my face.

And it’s the best feeling in the world, like nothing you can explain.

It suddenly reminds me of yesterday.

“O-oh my gosh, Ratliff, you were my first kiss!” I exclaim.

He smiles.

I kiss him again.

“WELL worth the wait.” I say once we had pulled out of the kiss.

Suddenly we heard a police siren wail, and pass the hotel.

“They’re still looking for us.” I reply.

Just then I got a text.

Rydel where are you? Have you figured anything out, we’re freaking out here, dad’s about to kill me for letting you walk out the door the other day.

Riker.

I bite my lip in guilt.

Sorry, haven’t figured anything out yet, tell dad I’m fine.

I reply back.

“Who was that?” Ratliff asks.

“Riker, I kinda ran away on them yesterday.” I reply back.