Chapter 3

well even though i haven't been getting as much feedback as i'd like to get on this story, i'm still going to upload chapters for those who do read it and who might want to read it in the future, please make sure you let me know what you think, i really do appreciate the reviews

*Ratliff’s p.o.v*

It’s the middle of the afternoon when I wake up to a ringing phone.

That’s funny, I don’t remember falling asleep.

I thought to myself glumly remembering what had happened this morning as I pull myself out of bed to answer the phone.

I look at the caller I.D, it’s Kelly.

I pick up the phone, not saying anything.

“Ratliff, we need to talk, can I come over?” she asks.

“Sure.” I reply.

She hangs up after about fifteen minutes I hear the door open and close, I hear the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, then they stop, and there’s a quiet knock on my door.

“Come in.” I say as I embarrassingly wipe away the tears off my cheeks and turn the pillow over so the wet spots aren’t showing.

She comes in and sits down on my bed, and without a word wraps me in a hug.

“Ok, now I’m really confused.” I say.

“I’m so sorry, I know I’ve been really irrational this week, and I really crossed the line yesterday, I know you and Rydel are just friends, I’ve just been mad because…I’m not ready for you to leave again, I love you, you know that right? I just, really hate ‘goodbyes’ ” she adds.

I smile.

“I know you do, and I love you too, does this mean…”

“No, we’re not gonna break up, and YOU are going to go talk to Rydel…she told me what happened this morning.” She replies.

She kisses me softly on the lips and wraps me in another hug.

“I’m sorry I’ve been so moody this week.” She apologizes.

“It’s ok.” I reply.

“No, it’s not, I shouldn’t be taking my anger out on you, it’s not fair, and you shouldn’t be taking YOU’RE anger out on your friends, you need to go talk to them.” She replies.

*Rydel’s p.o.v*

“You don’t think he…like…quit the band do you?” Rocky asked again.

“All he said was ‘I’m done.’ I don’t know what that means; maybe he just needs some space for a while.” I reply, feeling guilty that I’d gotten everyone involved in Kelly and Ratliff’s problems.

Suddenly there’s a knock on the door.

“Maybe that’s him.” I say as Riker goes over to answer the door.

It’s Ratliff as I had guessed.

“Hey guys.” He says quietly.

“Can I talk to Rydel?” he asks.

I tried to hide my red cheeks; I always got butterflies and blushed whenever he said my name.

Riker nods as the rest of the boys leave the room.

“I’m sorry!” we both say at the same time.

“No, you have nothing to be sorry for, I’m the one that should be apologizing, I treated you really unfairly, you were just trying to help, I guess I was just, angry, about me and Kelly and it’s the stress from the impending tour.” He starts to ramble but I stop him.