Chapter 16

ok well this probably goes against my better judgment since i didn't get very comments on the last chapter (only 2) but since i've already got the last chapters written i figured why stop now, might as well post them, so here is the next to last chapter of this story if you didn't read or comment chapter 15 though PLEASE go back! it was a cute chapter i promise! you're missing out, plus you'll be really confused if you read this chapter without reading 15, anyway, enjoy! only one more chapter after this!

*Rydel’s p.o.v*

Light pours into the room, I open my eyes slowly, I’m still in the same bed with Ratliff, his arm around me.

“Ratliff, Ratliff, get up its morning.” I say, shaking him gently.

He jumps slightly and gives me a smile.

“Morning.” He says.

“Morning.” I reply with a smile.

I pick up my phone from the nightstand and look at the time.

“Well, this is the first time we’ve been able to sleep in since we left.” I say.

“What time is it?” he asks.

“Almost ten.” I reply.

“Should we call Mark and finally stop running?” he asks.

“Not quite yet, let’s wait until after lunch.” He replies with a sly grin.

I smile back.

“Ok.” I reply.

“So what should we do?” he asks, getting out of bed and putting his shoes on.

“Wanna go shopping?” I ask.

“What if we get seen by fans?” he asks.

“Or we could just go sightseeing.” I suggest.

“Let’s just go for a walk.” He replies.

I smile as I get out of bed and put my shoes on.

“That sounds good enough to me.” I reply.

I tuck my hair back under my hat and we leave the hotel, turning our card keys in.

And we just start to walk, our hands entwined, swinging them slightly.

“Well, how are you feeling this morning?” I ask.

“Actually, a lot better, I don’t regret it.” He replies.

“What?” I ask.

“Letting Kelly go, I think it was the best thing for both of us.” He replies.

“I think you’re right, she’ll be able to find someone she can be happy with.” I reply

There’s a slight pause.

“And have you?” I ask.

“Have I what?” he asks.

“Found someone you can be happy with.” I reply.

“I didn’t have to find you, I just had to finally admit that I had found you.” He replies.

I smile.

“You’re not worried we might ruin a beautiful friendship are you?” he asks.

I shake my head.

“Nah, I think we can get through anything.” I reply.

*Ratliff’s p.o.v*

We continue walking; I admire how the sun sparkles in her brown eyes, the way it feels to have her hand intertwined with mine, and the way it felt to finally be free.